2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah that's the turning point for me that if I get one this year that'll be me done I think. The festival is clearly having a difficult time with coats rapidly going up.

Same could be true for most of our group. What with the fallow year and missing out on last year we are all preying for this year, when 2019 comes around I think we'll all have moved on. I've done 6, want to do another, after that?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Same could be true for most of our group. What with the fallow year and missing out on last year we are all preying for this year, when 2019 comes around I think we'll all have moved on. I've done 6, want to do another, after that?

By 2019 we could be looking at £248+booking fee and £50/55 car parking so it's up to  £275/285 for the weekend at least. There is a point where you have done it all by then....well all that you want and if I go this year that is 8 times. I won't be gutted too much if I lose out next year as I want a year out and after 2 out I think I'd be totally out.

I know loads of people that were travelling just so they could run around the festival site out of season.

Im not sure there are that many locals that do it, although of course there are prizes for local runners.

I knew around a dozen people that had entered, and all now have no intention of going

8 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

I know loads of people that were travelling just so they could run around the festival site out of season.

Im not sure there are that many locals that do it, although of course there are prizes for local runners.

I knew around a dozen people that had entered, and all now have no intention of going

It does seem a bit odd. Selfishly, I'm pleased that it's the 9th as it's coaches I want and the 29th would have been a nightmare for me. But I do feel bad for people who were specifically told it wouldn't clash with the run. Wonder if it changed for some reason?

Feckin hell, didn't go this year and fallow year in 2018 means I can stump up this time round, but another £10 rise.

It's gone up £55 since I started going and that was only 6 years ago :lol: 

Will have to make the best of it next year and have an even better time than usual, as I'm not sure that'll be sustainable post-fallow year. Such is the nature of the beast!

Edited by GlastoSimon

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

yep as long as the quality of the lineup remains as good as it is and i'm still having great weekends i'm willing to live with the price increases (to a point, of course)

Personally this year is lineup based for me and I didn't think I'd say that. I love it but feel since Emily has been more involved and other bookers have that the quality of the lineups overall haven't been as good recent. This year wasn't a great lineup tbh....the big 2nd announcement of the 1st full lineup if you like was very disappointing.

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On a plane on the 9th - totally gutted, deliberately didn;t book holiday for the 2nd so that I'd be around to try for tickets --- not funny - oh well I guess the odds are all stacked up against us for next year with the following one being a fallow year !

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Some planes have wifi these days. 

Presume we'll hear a scandalous headliner rumour or two leaked/made up in the next few weeks. 

Think Spitfire got tickets on a plane this year? 

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On a plane on the 9th - totally gutted, deliberately didn;t book holiday for the 2nd so that I'd be around to try for tickets --- not funny - oh well I guess the odds are all stacked up against us for next year with the following one being a fallow year !

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Double postage.

Edited by Gnomicide

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Any clues/speculation as to why 2018 is now a fallow year? I believe it was originally mooted to be 2018, then Eavis suggested 2019, with Longleat coming into play for 2019, so why back to 2018? 

Perhaps when they thought they had the chance of Longleat in 2019 they wanted more time for it to be organised properly, but now that's off the cards they may as well move the fallow year to what was originally planned.

43 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Excitedly told my friend about the ticket sale only to be told he can't afford it, absolutely gutted he was my only friend planning to go :(:(

We're all friends at Glastonbury.

If I am lucky enough to get tickets for next year you're more than welcome to come say Hi and have a cider or two :D

Good Luck!!

I'll be trying for coach as well even though I'd rather get one without. It's funny last year was my first glasto and when my friend said he was trying for tickets I was like meh whatever if you get them I'll probably go. But this year if we don't get them I don't know how I'll cope! I'll have to book a holiday to somewhere sunny and be very drunk for the whole week.

10 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Car park ticket almost doubled in three years!?! Now just about the same price as a smaller festival with a half decent lineup.

For example...

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/line-up-2016/line-up/

Taking the piss!

This is true, it's just dearer than the full price day ticket was there....and Saturday was much more than half a decent lineup tbf.

With the car park prices increasing its inevitable given that they have to rent the land and it got pretty churned up this year. Also a deterrent to get more people taking coaches/train. 

I dont drive personally but unless I had a campervan I would never drive to glasto when the coach journey is so simple and the walk from the coach park not far at all.