2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Hi all, any big tips for a first-time ticket buyer? Is it just a case of getting as many of your group together and refreshing the ticket page? If one person gets through, can they secure tickets for six people? Sorry as I'm sure these Qs have been asked a thousand times so if there's a FAQ thread for this sorta thing pls send me that way. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hi all, any big tips for a first-time ticket buyer? Is it just a case of getting as many of your group together and refreshing the ticket page? If one person gets through, can they secure tickets for six people? 

Yep. Destroy your keyboard pressing F5. Take your hairy swingers out of your bags and mash them repeatedly onto the F5 button until you get onto the page and then get the details in as fast as possible. Have them copy and pasted into a word doc open on your desktop for speed. Don't ask questions. If a friend gets in ahead of you and gets tickets See will give you a "tickets have already been purchased for this reservation number" etc etc. 

Failing that, whip out your flute, try stimulate it to semi level, or even 3/4, leaving a degree of floppiness, and smash the fucking shit out of the F5 button with that too.

36 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hi all, any big tips for a first-time ticket buyer? Is it just a case of getting as many of your group together and refreshing the ticket page? If one person gets through, can they secure tickets for six people? Sorry as I'm sure these Qs have been asked a thousand times so if there's a FAQ thread for this sorta thing pls send me that way. 

Prep is the key!

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I always have my laptop, iPad and phone refreshing constantly (phone on 4g, others on wifi).  Have all reg details written on a notepad next to you and your debit card ready.  I find it quicker to type them in than switching windows and copying and pasting (especially on an iPhone).

From around 8:57 until you get through just don't stop hitting refresh on all devices until you get through.  Don't do two tabs on the laptop etc, stick to one.  Don't stop.  Some mates decide to go onto the Whatsapp group after a couple of minutes to tell everyone they are just stuck on the loading page...  no shit!  Don't stop hitting refresh for anything.

50 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Does anyone have an idea historically how far in advance they announce the ticket sale date?

This was back a couple of pages ago -

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, Gnomicide said:

I'm sticking to counting the last 3 years as recent :D

2008 - 03/01/08

2009 - 30/07/08

2010 - 17/09/09

2011 - 01/09/10

2013 - 20/06/12

2014 - 16/09/13

2015 - 15/09/14

2016 - 18/09/15

43 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

I always have my laptop, iPad and phone refreshing constantly (phone on 4g, others on wifi).  Have all reg details written on a notepad next to you and your debit card ready.  I find it quicker to type them in than switching windows and copying and pasting (especially on an iPhone).

From around 8:57 until you get through just don't stop hitting refresh on all devices until you get through.  Don't do two tabs on the laptop etc, stick to one.  Don't stop.  Some mates decide to go onto the Whatsapp group after a couple of minutes to tell everyone they are just stuck on the loading page...  no shit!  Don't stop hitting refresh for anything.

I will be definetly be doing all of that thank you ^^, when you say 'all reg details' is this just the name, registration number and postcode of myself and friends?

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

I will be definetly be doing all of that thank you ^^, when you say 'all reg details' is this just the name, registration number and postcode of myself and friends?

From memory I don't think you even need the name, just the reg and the post code. I usually go for the cut and paste method - too scared I will mistype! When you get to the next screen all the names are then listed for you, before you confirm. 

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yes as mentioned by Zoo Music Girl you just need registration numbers and the corresponding postcodes.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

From memory I don't think you even need the name, just the reg and the post code. I usually go for the cut and paste method - too scared I will mistype! When you get to the next screen all the names are then listed for you, before you confirm. 

1 minute ago, Morgs74 said:

Yes as mentioned by Zoo Music Girl you just need registration numbers and the corresponding postcodes.

TY!

7 hours ago, The Nal said:

Yep. Destroy your keyboard pressing F5. Take your hairy swingers out of your bags and mash them repeatedly onto the F5 button until you get onto the page and then get the details in as fast as possible. Have them copy and pasted into a word doc open on your desktop for speed. Don't ask questions. If a friend gets in ahead of you and gets tickets See will give you a "tickets have already been purchased for this reservation number" etc etc. 

Failing that, whip out your flute, try stimulate it to semi level, or even 3/4, leaving a degree of floppiness, and smash the fucking shit out of the F5 button with that too.

I would like to point out that it is entirely possible to buy tickets without possessing hairy swingers or a flute.  If this is your technique of choice it could explain a great deal! :)

2 hours ago, DropBeat said:

First ticket day dream last night. All my group got tickets, except me. They said they thought I didn't want to go this year. :| Other people I know that regularly go also got tickets and so did people who have never even showed an interest in Glastonbury. 

I had this very dream 3 days ago. I woke up feeling so depressed and truly believed it was real for a good 5 minutes. Awful isn't it?! 

I am feeling stressed about this totally bollocks thing which is practically out of my control.

I said I wasn't going to go, now  I have dried out I want to go and have to go through all the ticket business again 

such is life, what will be will be