2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Talking of incomplete reg numbers Mrs P and myself recently re-registered (previous photos were almost 10 yrs old....) and although both applications were done same day my new reg number has 10 digits whereas Mrs P's has the usual 9 digits.

Done a reg check since and they are both valid but I though it a bit odd.....

Aye, we've got all sorts in our group: 8 digits, 9 digits, 10 digits - always gives me a mini heart attack on T day...

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This time next month we'll be sat there bracing ourselves to batter our F5 button. Half nervous, half excited. 
As has been mentioned previously - Kinda hoping the traffic/mud of this year will put some people off!

I'm looking forward to the stress in a way, love the rush of adrenaline 

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This time next month we'll be sat there bracing ourselves to batter our F5 button. Half nervous, half excited. 
As has been mentioned previously - Kinda hoping the traffic/mud of this year will put some people off!

I also hoped people would be put off my my group is bigger this year than for a long time - 10 newbies wanting to go and others who have not been for a few years also back on the list.

I think it could be a lot harder than many think.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have decided to hang up my Glastonbury spurs and not go to the 2017 festival. I've been to about 20 Glastonbury's and now want to go to smaller festivals. I have a few festivals already lined up for next year so will not be splitting the festival scene. I think the biggest that I will attend has a 10,000 people capacity and the smallest only 500.

Sad to hear that Yog, sure your presence will be missed but wishing you a very happy Glastonbury retirement. 
Charm x

21 hours ago, Badlands said:

We’ve booked for Kendal next year, more for its close location and wanting to have the wean’s first festival close by. There’s a feeling of inevitability in our group that we’ll not get lucky this time. There’s too few trying for us down to holidays and stuff. I’m already scoping camping trips to France for when it’s on. 

You only need one computer and browser

Hi ! I need some advice by the more experienced glasto buddies ! How should I use the F5 button at the ticket sale moment ? Should I actualize every ten minutes if nothing appears ? or every minute ? Every ten seconds ? Every second ? No F5 at all ?

8 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Hi ! I need some advice by the more experienced glasto buddies ! How should I use the F5 button at the ticket sale moment ? Should I actualize every ten minutes if nothing appears ? or every minute ? Every ten seconds ? Every second ? No F5 at all ?

every time the holding page refreshes, ie you're not through to booking page

31 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

be on the page that'll refresh 15 mins before sale, press f5 dead on and when/if the countdown appears then press f5 everytime it reloads with the 20 downwards count, literally don't let it get pass 19.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

be on the page that'll refresh 15 mins before sale, press f5 dead on and when/if the countdown appears then press f5 everytime it reloads with the 20 downwards count, literally don't let it get pass 19.

This.....and keep doing it until you either get the booking page up or it sells out.....no Facebook, no Efests, no surrender.

As a (hopefully!) Glastonbury newbie in 2017, what would be the best way of going about getting tickets for a group of say 5? I'm sure that I have read that one person can purchase five tickets, but is this the safe way of doing so, or would each person try and get one...or even each person try and get five?! All purchasing in separate places around the country on separate laptops etc etc..... Have plenty of experience with f5 madness but not quite to the extent of Glastonbury I feel! 

Your best chance is all 5 of you trying on ticket day.  As to the best tactic -as someone who works in IT, I'm not certain there is one, it's going to be pot luck, on each F5 tap, you have as much chance as anyone else who presses F5 (or whose countdown refreshes) at or around the same time.

Edited by merago

13 hours ago, merago said:

Your best chance is all 5 of you trying on ticket day.  As to the best tactic -as someone who works in IT, I'm not certain there is one, it's going to be pot luck, on each F5 tap, you have as much chance as anyone else who presses F5 (or whose countdown refreshes) at or around the same time.

All five of us trying for five tickets each or just one? I imagine there's a way of dumping extras if required yes? 

53 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Appreciated, thanks Charm. Wishing you all the best for T Day.

Enjoy it mate, I need to renew my photo to be fair and I have no eagerness to do that atm. I just can't be arsed with it all. There would only be two of us going this time and different ideas on camping spot etc etc anyway so.

2 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

All five of us trying for five tickets each or just one? I imagine there's a way of dumping extras if required yes? 

You'll need registrations for each ticket and you can only buy each ticket for each registration. All of you try for every registration (there's an add extra registrations section on the ticket buying page) Once someone is successful you will no longer be able to buy tickets with that one. 

5 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

I need to check my registration - not sure how long it's valid for. Sure it's from 2010. 

Does anyone think the bad weather might reduce the number of people trying this year (as in the relentless mud)? A lot of people seemed very fed up on here after getting back...

The mud was horrendous, but any veterans won't let that put them off. I had my best Glastonbury yet! 

The BBC coverage this year didn't show much mud and I have many more friends and colleagues that want to go than usual. I don't think any fewer people than last year will be trying on T day.