England at Glasto

briddj

17 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

Not really a contribution to the debate, but this all reminded me of this comic from Select Magazine's Glastonbury special in 1994 😁

http://selectmagazinescans.monkeon.co.uk/showpage.php?file=wp-content/uploads/2012/11/moody14.jpg

wow, Moody DJ, not thought about that strip in -years- 😄

On 12/2/2023 at 7:43 PM, CY 2019 said:

I remember watching England vs Portugal on the Pyramid in Euro 2004.

I was at that game. Flew home first thing Friday morning picked a bag up and got the coach straight to Glastonbury. Good times (other than the result).

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Even though the festival previously had a no football policy, they showed women's England games at the festival fairly recently so you'd imagine that the men's game will be shown in 2024

Nope - they showed the womens game on the Thursday last year. They've never shown one while the Main Stages are running.

The policy has never been a blanket "no football", it's "no disruption to the main stages".

Edited by incident

4 hours ago, BookAngel said:

Not really a contribution to the debate, but this all reminded me of this comic from Select Magazine's Glastonbury special in 1994 😁

http://selectmagazinescans.monkeon.co.uk/showpage.php?file=wp-content/uploads/2012/11/moody14.jpg

Can't believe I've never realised that's by monkeon before. 

They're one of the people on b3ta who seems incredible the ideas they can come up with https://b3ta.com/users/profile.php?id=13

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, paulshane said:

I've been a b3ta member for over 21 years 😄 (21 years 7 months and some days)

alas, my very average photoshoppery never led to weebl like success, but hey ho.

Yes I'm certainly over two decades, as I loitered there a lot as I also did here, although at some point my original account got borked. 

Pretty sure my only contribution or two were in the original ms paint, which was treated with appropriate derision 😉

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I am going to the last two group games - the second being the night before Glasto. Got a 6am train from Cologne to Castle Cary booked that gets me into Glasto around 4pm on the Wednesday. Seems a great idea in principle… 😆

I'm going to four games the week before, fly home from Dusseldorf Sunday lunchtime, work mon and tues, off to Glastonbury weds AM 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Franco Baresi said:

Yep, I'm out for the first week, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Bonn, Cologne, Frankfurt, back home on the Saturday to prepare for Glastonbury on the Weds! ... better find some minerals from somewhere.

I've got tickets for:

Monday 17th June 2024  Austria v France in Dussledorf

Tuesday 18th June 2024 Turkey v Play off Winner C in Dortmund

Thursday 20th June 2024  Spain v Italy in Gelsenkirchen

Saturday 22nd June 2024  Turkey v Portugal in Dortmund

Flying Sunday to Sunday

If anyone knows of any spares for England v Serbia let me know as I land that morning in Dusseldorf!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I am going to the last two group games - the second being the night before Glasto. Got a 6am train from Cologne to Castle Cary booked that gets me into Glasto around 4pm on the Wednesday. Seems a great idea in principle… 😆

Im also on that Weds 6am train via Brussels back to Kings Cross and have tickets for all 3 Eng group games. Fortunately my coach ticket isnt until Thursday in bath so i do have at least half a day to recover/repack back in England! The thought excites me and terrifies me in equal measure!

would love it to be shown somewhere, only one in my group whos really into football but some others will hopefully tag along. I remember watching england play at Download festival years ago, the same year was sponsored by snickers and they were handing out snickers every where. festival organisers ended up essentially providing chocolate peanut missiles which are surprisingly painful to receive