The Red Arrows flypast. Where were you?

MrZigster

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Think I was in my tent snoozing. Is this a thing now that the festival organise or just the red arrows getting some free publicity?

Just luck that they were passing! They flew over at 5.47pm, and their schedule says they were heading for an armed forces day at 5.50pm at Trowbridge: https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press23/redarrowsschedule2023.htm 

( I know the time because although I wasn't quick enough with my camera, I did get a picture of the contrails 😁 )

IMG_20230624_174713__01.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

Just luck that they were passing! They flew over at 5.47pm, and their schedule says they were heading for an armed forces day at 5.50pm at Trowbridge: https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press23/redarrowsschedule2023.htm 

( I know the time because although I wasn't quick enough with my camera, I did get a picture of the contrails 😁 )

IMG_20230624_174713__01.jpg

Yeah figured that was the case, just wondered if they planned their route over the fest (at request of the fest or for their own publicity) or was it on route anyway from where they came from. There was an A400M cruising around that day as well.

Edited by Dave_c

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah figured that was the case. There was an A400M cruising around that day as well.

Yeah, I was sure I spotted a Chinook as well though I can't remember what day it was (it was well in the distance, not directly over the festival). This explains things 😁

2 hours ago, bucko said:

lottery winners in the greenpeace area.

does anyone know if the red arrows are paid to fly past.

Me too and it was funny because Thomas Rylance was talking about his difficult childhood and descriding what the next song was about and then the red arrows flew over and he was like " what the f**k......your 2 mins f**king early, Ive wasted millions with that flyby" haha

Edited by gazzared

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah figured that was the case, just wondered if they planned their route over the fest (at request of the fest or for their own publicity) or was it on route anyway from where they came from. There was an A400M cruising around that day as well.

I highly doubt they didn't take a specific detour to pass the festival, and they would have had to liaise with festival control about it beforehand, presumably.

Footage here:

Edited by kalifire