What are you most looking forward to ?

Crazyfool01

First few ciders, walking down from the WV entrance and seeing the site for the first time, first visit up the Park hill, having a dance at Fatboy Slim, having a sing-along at Artic Monkeys and spending time with my youngest son before he ditches me for teenage life 😫.

Just being there! Since I left the festival in 2019 and until last Sunday resale, I had been ticketless - so the feeling these past few days that I am actually going, rather than just wishing for it, is wonderful. The first walk around the site will be quite something. Everything else will just fall into place like it always does ☺️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can't (try not to) get too excited about anything until I get on site and get my shifts so...

I'm looking forward to:

- driving down with my best mate early Monday morning
- getting my shifts! 
- hopefully efests crew meet
- trying to blag Rabbit Hole wristbands again 
- Maceo's Monday night
- a week on the farm away from everything
- meeting up with some first timer friends who are arriving on Wednesday and going up the hill
- meeting up with my old timer friends who are coming on Thursday coach

And then... (possibly)

- Elton
- Lizzo
- Fred
- Jamie Webster
- Jake Shears / Will Young 
- Ben Bohmer / Daniel Avery / Helena Hauff

... finishing the festival with Felix Dickinson (please) on Genosys* at 5am Monday and then wandering up Kings Meadow.

* or whatever is in place of Genosys this year.

Really looking forward to going to the festival with my partner - our usual date night activity is a gig, so I'm quite excited to be seeing live music for three days in a row with my favourite person.

In terms of artists, obviously Elton is going to be amazing but I'm also quite excited to be seeing new up-and-coming acts like Crawlers and Maisie Peters. Carly Rae Jepsen and Rina Sawayama should be fab too.

Sitting up on the hill on Wednesday evening watching the sun set (hopefully) and feeling that buzz of positivity as you are surrounded by smiling faces knowing that you have 5 nights of fun ahead and can forget about the real world till Monday!

2 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

100% this.

I also love the feeling of waking up on Thursday morning (despite the hangover) knowing you have a full four days in front of you to enjoy.

That's an amazing feeling too. Knowing the slog of travelling, queueing, setting up is over. Now you can chill out, moving slowly through the gears, until you're partying away at your heart's content.

For FOUR DAYS SOLID.

14 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Sitting up on the hill on Wednesday evening watching the sun set (hopefully) and feeling that buzz of positivity as you are surrounded by smiling faces knowing that you have 5 nights of fun ahead and can forget about the real world till Monday!

You getting a Taunton bus this year ? 

I’m happy with the line up but probably most excited to see new discoveries like Nova Twins or Rina Sawayama.

In reality, I’m most excited about being with my Glasto family. We’ve a great bunch that attend together and I only see some of them once or twice a year, but we always laugh our tits off when we do.  I suspect for some of us this may be the last one, or at least last one for a while (me included) so I’m going to spend as much time with the gang as possible.

• Upvote 1

The point on Wednesday afternoon/evening when me whole group comes together at last, workers/punters/mates, and we sit in little piles on the floor somewhere - might be in the Other field, could be in t+c, dunno yet, it’ll be a moveable feast - and we all compare arrival stories, look at our shifts/band schedules, and grin like absolute idiots at each other 😊

• Like 1

Sunrise at the Temple.

Getting wonky in Maceos, chatting nonsense with randoms.

That moment where you go back to camp and get some warmer clothes on, restock supplies and head back out for another night time adventure.

Walking through the campsites en route to where you're headed, smelling the burning charcoal.

Stumbling along the old railway track at some god awful hour.

The sound and feel of the sub bass as you get closer to the stage you're headed towards.

Hearing the roar of the crowd from the other side of the festival.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Always Tuesday evening on the HoD... Anticipation central!

Music wise Reg & Lizzo as the big acts... and I hope to have a full day (Fri or Sat) mooching between Avalon, Croissant Neuf, Healing/Green/Craft fields alone, which will be a totally different festival experience for me.. My daughter & her (newbie) BF will be charging all over the site but my broken knees wont allow that..

I also really hope to pluck up the courage to attend the meet this year (rather than wandering past) and share a cider with some of the good folk on here.. 

20 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Always Tuesday evening on the HoD... Anticipation central!

Music wise Reg & Lizzo as the big acts... and I hope to have a full day (Fri or Sat) mooching between Avalon, Croissant Neuf, Healing/Green/Craft fields alone, which will be a totally different festival experience for me.. My daughter & her (newbie) BF will be charging all over the site but my broken knees wont allow that..

I also really hope to pluck up the courage to attend the meet this year (rather than wandering past) and share a cider with some of the good folk on here.. 

I bloody hope you do too 🙂 aim for the hat 

• Upvote 1

Walking through Gate C with 5 of my best friends, 1 who I've been best buddies with since we were 3 years old for our 1st Glastonbury festival. Celebrating our 50th birthdays is a bonus (I think!) 🙂

The excitement has been building nicely 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

To dispel the negativity I’m bloody glad I’m fortunate enough to have tickets to the worlds greatest festival and the festival will be doing their utmost to put on the best they can . The thing I’m most looking forward to is Elton John . And a whole pose of the virtual meet crew at Rhythm of the 90s in Croissant Neuf . 

In advance what do you think your highlights will be ? …. Will resurrect this thread post festival and see how things match up . 

48 days folks 

Great post and all fabulous responses, cheers folks. 

My 30th one and as you know @Crazyfool01I wouldn't have made it without the kindness of folks I met here - from advice and help getting tickets through to shared tips about caravans and CV passes. 

Other than fallow years, the festival has encompassed every birthday I've had since 1985 therefore I've just treated it like an excuse for a party - although I've finally recognised I don't have the constitution to cane it like many of you do.   That does at least mean that I remember the great stuff I see these days 😊

Cannot bloody wait for Elton. But I'm most looking forward to stumbling on to some gem that I've not heard of before. In a funny way, when the line up hasn't got 1000 bands that you want to see it makes the experience so much more relaxed and open to seeing smaller stages and new acts. Which I love. ❤️

• Upvote 1

Ultimately just being there, feeling that sense of joy that you can't explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. I genuinely thought this was going to my by time to miss out, so feeling very blessed to be there. 

Act wise at the moment - AM. One of my favourite bands. Seeing them in Manchester and Sheffield in the lead up to the festival but having watched them headline last time, I'm over the moon to be there for their third outing. Also really excited to see Fred Again. Had his stuff on non-stop for some time now, but not had the chance to see him live

• Like 1

5 days off life! 

Listening to some of the new bands I've discovered on the stage playlists 

Walking round and seeing the changes on the site (I try and avoid pre festival spoilers)

People watching! No better place on earth for seeing joy and madness!

The feeling of being home when I walk the site on the Wednesday and feeling my shoulders drop and relax by the Thursday 

Theatre and circus street performers, it always amazes and fills me with wonder at the variety and talent on show for no extra cost

So basically, EVERYTHING 🤩