There seems to be a new glamping site

Mich1268

On 4/15/2023 at 6:35 AM, sime said:

Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for this. They really set you up for the next three days of band watching, dancing, walking, late nights and general hectic merriment! 

Im just trying to remember when they open for us to book. Is it usually Wednesday afternoon? We are also at Love Fields for the first time this year. A£600 each as we are paying for a friend who hasnt got her ticket as yet. Its alot of money but I couldn't face that hill at WV this year.

28 minutes ago, angelin said:

Im just trying to remember when they open for us to book. Is it usually Wednesday afternoon? We are also at Love Fields for the first time this year. A£600 each as we are paying for a friend who hasnt got her ticket as yet. Its alot of money but I couldn't face that hill at WV this year.

I never book a massage in the Healing Fields. I just find one who is free. I believe they operate from Wednesday onwards. I'm not glamping. I'll be at Bushey Grounds. 

• 3 weeks later...

ok Im really starting to panic now about my first glastonbury for nearly 20 years. Being 51 years old aint fun.  Anyone interested in sharing a twin 5m furnished bell tent at inner sanctum.  Only £900 ish each, inc brekky etc - twin beds.. includes 24hr shuttle too. Inner Sanctum Bell Tent - 5M - Furnished for 2 guests (2 SINGLE BEDS)

4 minutes ago, renegadesi said:

ok Im really starting to panic now about my first glastonbury for nearly 20 years. Being 51 years old aint fun.  Anyone interested in sharing a twin 5m furnished bell tent at inner sanctum.  Only £900 ish each, inc brekky etc - twin beds.. includes 24hr shuttle too. Inner Sanctum Bell Tent - 5M - Furnished for 2 guests (2 SINGLE BEDS)

If you’re not bothered about being on site you’d be better off looking on Airbnb 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

If you’re not bothered about being on site you’d be better off looking on Airbnb 

except I wont be able to get to and from the site. I will still be off my tits. Hence why I liked this place since they do 24 hour trips back and forth too. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2023 at 12:44 AM, Alvoram said:

Also, the very fact that these campsites do so well, and make a lot of money for surrounding land owners, probably helps to secure the festivals future in the long run, if you get what I mean 😉 so don't knock it. 

locals need to be benefitting from the festival so that its continuation has their support. (the festival brings loads of money to the area, and Michael does lots of good stuff to benefit locals:jobs/social housing/ continuation of village shops/the village working man's club/funds raised for schools and local clubs/etc.)

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Doesn't Caitlin Moran go in Camp Kerela?

Sure I saw @Neilmention that a few years ago on here.

i think she had a CK wristband on when i saw her by west holts a few years back (prolly ten years now ).

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If you had the money, would you do Camp Kerala? I think I'd appreciate the comfort, ease of getting in and out etc. but it just wouldn't feel right.

I think I read somewhere it doesn't open until Thursday? 

The people that use it think the festival does not start until Friday.

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If you had the money, would you do Camp Kerala? I think I'd appreciate the comfort, ease of getting in and out etc. but it just wouldn't feel right.

I think I read somewhere it doesn't open until Thursday? 

No I’d definitely not use it, even if I could get it for free (I already feel luxurious in my own CV). 

Edit: certainly some glamping doesn’t open until Thursday so absolutely no chance I’d be interested 

Edited by Avalon_Fields

If i won the lottery, proper stupid money-falling-out-of-pockets type amounts, i think i'd give it a bash one year and then report back on it as a 'normal person goes posh' kind of observation.

Im struggling to understand how a Bentley gets down the hill to Strummerville though, not a huge amount of clearance under them id have thought. For my £35k i'd like tio choose the vehicle that pops me around, and i'd like something more practical and less ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Whilst I'm just as dubious about the idea of exclusive away-from-the-oiks glamping experiences, I'm really not a fan of this guy's take on it.  He's doing something which you see in the right wing press and echo-chambers a lot: i.e. conflating the entitled twattish behaviour of one part of the Glastonbury-going demographic with the genuine concern for the environment/social justice/etc. of a very different part of that demographic.  When you pretend it's all one group, you can then start pronouncing judgement on them all as being hypocritical, entitled, virtue signallers.  It's a great way to pull the rug out from people who're actually trying to make some small contribution to the world, and it's well-understood and weaponised by the right: think about how our tabloids invite us to sneer at the hypocrisy of these green lefties each year by showing photos of the campsite wreckage left behind by scumbags who, in reality, have never claimed any green credentials and see festivals as any other coked-up night out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Just an off topic note to say that all the text in that link after the ? is so Facebook can track people around the internet.

Delete everything after the ? and the link still works.

• Upvote 1

You f**kers gonna leave us love fieldin' paupers alone now? 

We paid an extra £250 per person (less than renting a motorhome and going in CVs) and got dragged through hot coals on here. 🙈🤣

Would I if I had the kind of money that makes things like that easy? We try and kid ourselves that people who stay there are 'missing out on so much of the festival.' But let's be honest, they're missing out on all of the sh*t bits, not being able to sleep in an oven of a tent, playing cubicle roulette for a morning poo, stinking like your morning poo for the last few days, carrying your temporary home, it's contents and your beer 29.4 miles, in whatever weather, before having to set it all up, etc etc...

f**k yeh, sounds amazing, ferry me in clean and refreshed every morning for a day of fun, safe in the knowledge that at 4, 5 or 6am, I have a nice chariot waiting to take me back to a comfortable bed in which I can get a good night's (or morning's) sleep before showering and doing it all again... Why the hell not? 

Well here's the counter argument to that... What do they actually get there for the extra 35k that they don't get in a campervan, worthy view or love fields? A lift in? Not really needed... Oxygen chamber? What even is that... A chef? But the food festival side of glasto is one of my favourite bits... The main difference would be the people, in most of the other options, WV, CV or even LF, you still get down to earth, real, people... People who work hard and save to enjoy their biggest week of the year. What kind of people would you find in a place that costs £35k for 4 nights? 

So yeh, sounds nice, and who doesn't want the comforts, you're kidding yourself if you say you don't, but I think I'll stick to Worthy View, Sticklinch, Camper Vans or Love Fields, where you can get some level of comfort for no more than a caravan holiday in Cornwall... 

4 hours ago, Neil said:

locals need to be benefitting from the festival so that its continuation has their support. (the festival brings loads of money to the area, and Michael does lots of good stuff to benefit locals:jobs/social housing/ continuation of village shops/the village working man's club/funds raised for schools and local clubs/etc.)

Yeh that's exactly my point... It's no coincidence that local resistance to the festival has waned at the same time as all of these glamping options have increased in popularity. 

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

You f**kers gonna leave us love fieldin' paupers alone now? 

We paid an extra £250 per person (less than renting a motorhome and going in CVs) and got dragged through hot coals on here. 🙈🤣

Would I if I had the kind of money that makes things like that easy? We try and kid ourselves that people who stay there are 'missing out on so much of the festival.' But let's be honest, they're missing out on all of the sh*t bits, not being able to sleep in an oven of a tent, playing cubicle roulette for a morning poo, stinking like your morning poo for the last few days, carrying your temporary home, it's contents and your beer 29.4 miles, in whatever weather, before having to set it all up, etc etc...

f**k yeh, sounds amazing, ferry me in clean and refreshed every morning for a day of fun, safe in the knowledge that at 4, 5 or 6am, I have a nice chariot waiting to take me back to a comfortable bed in which I can get a good night's (or morning's) sleep before showering and doing it all again... Why the hell not? 

Well here's the counter argument to that... What do they actually get there for the extra 35k that they don't get in a campervan, worthy view or love fields? A lift in? Not really needed... Oxygen chamber? What even is that... A chef? But the food festival side of glasto is one of my favourite bits... The main difference would be the people, in most of the other options, WV, CV or even LF, you still get down to earth, real, people... People who work hard and save to enjoy their biggest week of the year. What kind of people would you find in a place that costs £35k for 4 nights? 

So yeh, sounds nice, and who doesn't want the comforts, you're kidding yourself if you say you don't, but I think I'll stick to Worthy View, Sticklinch, Camper Vans or Love Fields, where you can get some level of comfort for no more than a caravan holiday in Cornwall... 

Not me thanks mate.  Not ever.  Absolutely not.  My only ask in life would be to be able to upgrade our live in vehicle to something a bit plusher and be guaranteed to get a live in vehicle ticket each year.

I would rather give the extra money to one of the charities than stay up there with the needy, demanding overmonied twunts

13 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Not me thanks mate.  Not ever.  Absolutely not.  My only ask in life would be to be able to upgrade our live in vehicle to something a bit plusher and be guaranteed to get a live in vehicle ticket each year.

I would rather give the extra money to one of the charities than stay up there with the needy, demanding overmonied twunts

So pretty much the same conclusion I came to then? (If you read the entire post.) They're pretty much paying £35k just to ensure they're only surrounded by the 'elite.' 

Live in vehicles offer all of the 'important' comforts that this Camp Kerela offers, I'd love to be able to afford to build / buy one, then I'd only ever go in one of them too. 😕