There seems to be a new glamping site

Mich1268

"Inner Sanctum"

checks location: Further out than any 95% of other campsites - and nearly as far out as the one that's halfway to Wells and advertises itself on that basis as being quiet and so more suitable for families.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

"Inner Sanctum"

checks location: Further out than any 95% of other campsites - and nearly as far out as the one that's halfway to Wells and advertises itself on that basis as being quiet and so more suitable for families.

It seems a way away, just over a mile to gate B apparently, down a single 'secret' footpath. But from the shots overlooking the festival from the campsite itself, that's gonna be one hell of an uphill slog at the end of the night / morning. 

They do however provide a free shuttle.

44 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

It seems a way away, just over a mile to gate B apparently, down a single 'secret' footpath. But from the shots overlooking the festival from the campsite itself, that's gonna be one hell of an uphill slog at the end of the night / morning. 

I wasn’t a fan of the tedious uphill slog home up Muddy Lane to Tangerine Fields. That is only just outside gate B. I don’t mind a wander home but unless Strummerville is waiting for me half way, it ruins the end of night vibe 

3 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I wasn’t a fan of the tedious uphill slog home up Muddy Lane to Tangerine Fields. That is only just outside gate B. I don’t mind a wander home but unless Strummerville is waiting for me half way, it ruins the end of night vibe 

Yeh, it's one of the reasons we changed from Sticklinch to love fields this year, closer to the action. 

4 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I enjoyed Sticklinch after years at Worthy View. Would be interested to know if Love Fields is worth the extra cost. 

Sticklinch was great, loved it, but hated the size of the tent and the long walk back was a bit of a drag in terms of making quick trips back to camp. 

Will let you know, but the main reasons we went LF are location, and being able to take our own bigger camping gear (including big tents with rooms we can stand up in!) Whilst still enjoying the other perks like toilet, showers, parking right by etc etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Sticklinch was great, loved it, but hated the size of the tent and the long walk back was a bit of a drag in terms of making quick trips back to camp. 

Will let you know, but the main reasons we went LF are location, and being able to take our own bigger camping gear (including big tents with rooms we can stand up in!) Whilst still enjoying the other perks like toilet, showers, parking right by etc etc. 

we always have bell tents so we can stand up but this year have an Octopad and worked out cheaper than a scout tent per head. Will await the reviews! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB3 said:

The cheapest being £1,600 for 2 people!

Fuck that, some people must have more money than sense 

Some folks treat this as their main annual holiday... £1600 for 2 is more than I'd be willing to spend, probably because £800 is more than I could afford per person on an annual holiday haha, but I aint about to judge. 

And compared to some of the glamping places, that's bargain basement prices... Prices have almost doubled since this article (apologies for the source used here...) https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-fan-camping-13k-glastonbury-10143814

Also, the very fact that these campsites do so well, and make a lot of money for surrounding land owners, probably helps to secure the festivals future in the long run, if you get what I mean 😉 so don't knock it. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If you have ferocious amounts of money to spend on Glastonbury festival accommodation, you want to acquire a spot with a company that Vogue described as the 'Caviar of festival accommodation'.

It's called Camp Kerala;

https://campkerala.com/glastonbury/

I've seen the prices before, and they are eye watering!

I absolutely fucking detest this. I know Glastonbury is all about inclusivity, etc. and I’d like to think so am I. But this barrister and her posh beautiful friends can please go away. 

• Like 1

Couple of things that put me of glamping. 

1) you end up being miles away from the party, and you have to travel to gate a which is the worst gate. 

2) the security at these places will be some what lacking, I know if I was a thief I would be targeting the glaming places rather than a heavily secured festival with a massive fence. 

17 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Yep...I know where this is located and believe me that's a walk back I wouldn't want to do every day....and the footpath isn't 'secret', it's a public footpath that links to the village, and from there another that brings you out on Copse Lane and to Gate B past Tangerine Fields.

I'd be needing more than a 'wellbeing' tent to walk it more than once...

Edited by parsonjack

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

I absolutely fucking detest this. I know Glastonbury is all about inclusivity, etc. and I’d like to think so am I. But this barrister and her posh beautiful friends can please go away. 

It's not something that I would wish to entertain either (not that I could). I was just pointing out its existence.

The above said, it being a thing, doesn't do my head in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's not something that I would wish to entertain either (not that I could). I was just pointing out its existence.

The above said, it being a thing, doesn't do my head in.

Agreed....and to be fair I'm pretty sure Kerala were the first and all the others have piled in since.

9 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Some folks treat this as their main annual holiday... £1600 for 2 is more than I'd be willing to spend, probably because £800 is more than I could afford per person on an annual holiday haha, but I aint about to judge. 

And compared to some of the glamping places, that's bargain basement prices... Prices have almost doubled since this article (apologies for the source used here...) https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-fan-camping-13k-glastonbury-10143814

Also, the very fact that these campsites do so well, and make a lot of money for surrounding land owners, probably helps to secure the festivals future in the long run, if you get what I mean 😉 so don't knock it. 

It's not £800 per head though - that's on top of the ticket+transport.

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Couple of things that put me of glamping. 

1) you end up being miles away from the party, and you have to travel to gate a which is the worst gate. 

2) the security at these places will be some what lacking, I know if I was a thief I would be targeting the glaming places rather than a heavily secured festival with a massive fence. 

Not true.... I stayed at Winding lake farm (fly glasto) in 2017 and 2019.... the security for the campsite was far tighter and stringent than getting into the festival !!

10 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m sure I remember in 2019 people in lovefields were robbed. 

People get robbed everywhere on the main site too.

Unless anyone has figures comparing robberies from the main site to offsite, it’s all just guess work as to which is worse. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Prince Mylo said:

Not true.... I stayed at Winding lake farm (fly glasto) in 2017 and 2019.... the security for the campsite was far tighter and stringent than getting into the festival !!

They must have tightened it up, because I wandered in there in 2014 without any identification just by saying I was waiting for a helicopter flight.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Having worked on the pedestrian crossing that leads to Windinglake Farm, I’m of the opinion that it’s for the good of the festival that some of these people are stored away outside of the fence. 

That’s a generalisation of course, but some of them were so rude and condescending it was unbelievable. Yes, I’m a volunteer but I don’t do it for money reasons and there’s no need to talk to people like they are manure on your hunters. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If you have ferocious amounts of money to spend on Glastonbury festival accommodation, you want to acquire a spot with a company that Vogue described as the 'Caviar of festival accommodation'.

It's called Camp Kerala;

https://campkerala.com/glastonbury/

I've seen the prices before, and they are eye watering!

How much are we talking? I can't work out where the price list is on their Wordpress-vomit of a page.