There seems to be a new glamping site

Mich1268

41 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

So pretty much the same conclusion I came to then? (If you read the entire post.) They're pretty much paying £35k just to ensure they're only surrounded by the 'elite.' 

Live in vehicles offer all of the 'important' comforts that this Camp Kerela offers, I'd love to be able to afford to build / buy one, then I'd only ever go in one of them too. 😕 

We have a tear drop caravan and it has given us ten years of festivals thus far and is still going strong. It's low maintenance, no working parts to go tits and fits in the garage at the end of festival season.

Looking to buy a van over the next year or two but this has been a great compromise for a few k of outlay.

It's worth looking into as a step up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Glastonbury festival is now a massive glamping festival lol 

I agree to a certain extent. Personally I think more ground will get swallowed up inside the site and more people will camp outside over the next few years. Theres almost a ring of glamping around the festival now, can only see that getting bigger

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

wonder if the festival get the stats of the occupancy of the clamping sites and plan the internal free camping accordingly 

They probably do, but currently the density of those is so much lower that I bet it’s still 80%+ inside.

4 hours ago, bigbilly said:

I agree to a certain extent. Personally I think more ground will get swallowed up inside the site and more people will camp outside over the next few years. Theres almost a ring of glamping around the festival now, can only see that getting bigger

I read an interview with ME a fair few years ago where he predicted that over the coming 10/15 years there would be a move to prepitched in general. We discussed it in here at the time I think.

45 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

They probably do, but currently the density of those is so much lower that I bet it’s still 80%+ inside.

I read an interview with ME a fair few years ago where he predicted that over the coming 10/15 years there would be a move to prepitched in general. We discussed it in here at the time I think.

i remember this... I am not a camper (having been in CV Field since 2007.. but it seems like a logical next step to me (assuming that Worthy View & Sticklinch both sell out?) as it must be an easy sustainability/waste win..

You could see them making Pylon (or somethething far western) a PrePitched public transport only field.. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:15 AM, bigbilly said:

Maybe it could eventually go full circle with outside the fence becoming standard camping and inside the festival becoming differing zones of paid for pre erected and boutique camping.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:15 AM, bigbilly said:

Rumour has it that is exactly what Melvin Benn is planning.

37 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Rumour has it that is exactly what Melvin Benn is planning.

It sounds unlikely to me.  The festival can't stop people coming and going but I doubt they'd want the majority of the festival population living outside the fence and having to be processed in and out each day.

Just now, Neville Street said:

It would certainly be unrecognisable, some say it is that already but I’m not in that camp. A change to an arena festival would be awful in my opinion.

It's currently not even close to being an arena event.

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Maybe it's not possible, but I'd hope it moves the other way, no more glamping than there is now, and retain the camping numbers within the festival fence.

With the addition of Sticklinch to WV I think that is enough. I've camped in both and enjoyed the convenience on the first and last days of the festival, but you cannot beat camping inside the fence.