There seems to be a new glamping site

Mich1268

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How much are we talking? I can't work out where the price list is on their Wordpress-vomit of a page.

I did once see the prices , but that was years ago, and I can't recall. However , I'm pretty confident that it was quite a few thousand pounds per person* - and that was donkeys years ago, so fuck knows where the price point is now. 

*One should remember that this is a drop in the ocean compared to some people's wealth. It really is an insignificant figure. 

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is from an article dated 2015;

The cost for two people to stay at Camp Kerala starts at £8,225 for five nights including tickets to the event.

Crikey. I like how they attach the tickets as an afterthought. There's some rich idealists out there for sure! 🤯

I am not averse to glamping. I admit I am a glamper. But some aspects of winding lake and definitely all of camp kerala (its Somerset not India!) Are rather repulsive. I would need to be paid a lot of money to go to that kerala place. 

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I wouldn't want to go, even if I had lashings of cash / wealth. Can you just imagine the type of weapons you'd be around!?

It would be a very painful experience. What I meant was, camp kerala would have to pay me a shit load of money to stay there.It would be a massive sacrifice

Edited by Mich1268
Misunderstanding

45 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

It would be a very painful experience. What I meant was, camp kerala would have to pay me a shit load of money to stay there.It would be a massive sacrifice

Yeah, we all know that I don't go to Glasto anymore. However, for every one of my 20+ attendances I (and my mates) always camped on the exact same spot (it used to be called Top webbs Ash) for all those attendances. There is no way that if I went again, that I wouldn't camp in the same spot, and wouldn't consider glamping, or some such. 

The above said, we are all different, and people have differing degrees of wealth, so if posh / wealthy people want to spend money on this, then it's of no concern to me. 

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m sure I remember in 2019 people in lovefields were robbed. 

Doing another drive-by to say I stayed at Love Fields in 2019 is this is the first I'm hearing of any crime.  It's a family run business and the people who work there are lovely.

1 minute ago, Butterz said:

Doing another drive-by to say I stayed at Love Fields in 2019 is this is the first I'm hearing of any crime.  It's a family run business and the people who work there are lovely.

I’m not saying anything against that camp or if it’s any better or worse than others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I am not averse to glamping. I admit I am a glamper. But some aspects of winding lake and definitely all of camp kerala (its Somerset not India!) Are rather repulsive. I would need to be paid a lot of money to go to that kerala place. 

I wouldnt turn it down if I won a stay in a competition... a great location, a comfortable bed, a hot shower and i imagine a very tasty breakfast... 

Youre not obliged to mingle with the nobs that pay to stay there..

13 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How much are we talking? I can't work out where the price list is on their Wordpress-vomit of a page.

I remember seeing the prices for a previous year and some of their packages are in the 10s of thousands. Pretty sure there was a £25k one, but don’t quote me on that. 

13 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

apologies for the source…

£24k for the ‘hotel’. It’s bonkers really, if you have this much money and want this type of ‘luxury’ then why not just rent a house or get a hotel? This is still camping, just with some ply on the floor and grandma’s furniture. 
Funniest bit is the privately assigned bogs (sorry, WC). The toilet’s got its own tent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10942179/The-Glastonbury-Tenthouse-Suite-pop-hotel-costs-24k.html?fbclid=IwAR3_mNybzbcewq2Niukh8NbZeCqdP1oO8wh6MUrI-YneRoTA1tBBaxRKDU4

50 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

apologies for the source…

£24k for the ‘hotel’. It’s bonkers really, if you have this much money and want this type of ‘luxury’ then why not just rent a house or get a hotel? This is still camping, just with some ply on the floor and grandma’s furniture. 
Funniest bit is the privately assigned bogs (sorry, WC). The toilet’s got its own tent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10942179/The-Glastonbury-Tenthouse-Suite-pop-hotel-costs-24k.html?fbclid=IwAR3_mNybzbcewq2Niukh8NbZeCqdP1oO8wh6MUrI-YneRoTA1tBBaxRKDU4

I know some people are fortunate (or perhaps they've worked hard) for their money, but this is just bonkers to me. It's like a holiday within a holiday. How deep in Inception-style layers can we go?

• Like 1

If I met someone at the festival who told me they were staying here I would have to ask what the major attraction is to it all.

Sure, you can have a shower and a shit on a clean toilet, get a proper night's sleep, but for 24k?

For that kind of money, why not just stay in a proper hotel, why bother glamping at all? Just to feel some connection to the festival? They must surely know they're nowhere near having the full experience of Glasto?

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If I met someone at the festival who told me they were staying here I would have to ask what the major attraction is to it all.

Sure, you can have a shower and a shit on a clean toilet, get a proper night's sleep, but for 24k?

For that kind of money, why not just stay in a proper hotel, why bother glamping at all? Just to feel some connection to the festival? They must surely know they're nowhere near having the full experience of Glasto?

Proximity. You can still walk to your bed after a night in the SE corner.

Yeah you’d imagine it’s full of Kate Moss and pals, which makes sense. 

If you have millions of pounds you’d probably feel it’s money well spent not to be camped next to a load of lads from Swindon pinging NOS all night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

If you have millions of pounds you’d probably feel it’s money well spent not to be camped next to a load of lads from Swindon pinging NOS all night. 

To end up next to Tarquin and Jemimah from Shoreditch pinging NOS all night 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

A lot of it is being seen to be there. They're also paying to not have us plebs around too. Even if they do have to mix with us once they go through the gates.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:40 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is from an article dated 2015;

The cost for two people to stay at Camp Kerala starts at £8,225 for five nights including tickets to the event.

How do they manage to offer inclusive tickets ? Do the festival hand out a number of free tickets to nearby landowners to keep them sweet ? If so then that makes sense - but if that’s the case then how come not all the nearby glamping sites are able to offer tickets with their packages ?