There seems to be a new glamping site

Mich1268

2 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

How do they manage to offer inclusive tickets ? Do the festival hand out a number of free tickets to nearby landowners to keep them sweet ? If so then that makes sense - but if that’s the case then how come not all the nearby glamping sites are able to offer tickets with their packages ? 

Mainly sweeteners where it's in the festivals best interests. In some cases relating to land use over festival weekend eg parking, access routes etc, in others where doing so will help stem any complaints to the license, and in others where there is genuine and prolonged disruption or inconvenience during the festival, plus build/break periods. 

They know who they need to keep on side. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2023 at 8:21 AM, PassingCloud said:

apologies for the source…

£24k for the ‘hotel’. It’s bonkers really, if you have this much money and want this type of ‘luxury’ then why not just rent a house or get a hotel? This is still camping, just with some ply on the floor and grandma’s furniture. 
Funniest bit is the privately assigned bogs (sorry, WC). The toilet’s got its own tent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10942179/The-Glastonbury-Tenthouse-Suite-pop-hotel-costs-24k.html?fbclid=IwAR3_mNybzbcewq2Niukh8NbZeCqdP1oO8wh6MUrI-YneRoTA1tBBaxRKDU4

Those posh toilets with the traffic light system on top were the same ones they had at Sticklinch las year. Absolutely amazing to have a morning and evening toilet visit to such nice toilets, they were constantly manned by a cleaning crew who checked each toilet as each person left too, so they were always clean. 

Don't pay £24k for the service at Sticklinch though.  

Did anyone watch the video? whilst having a hard day at a festival, come back for a hot running shower, massage and IV drip. 

Breakfast is served on real plates, with fresh coffee. 

If I had millions I could be tempted, until then i'll stick to being a floor dweller and having fun with the folk who really know how to do so. 🤣

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cleetus said:

What do Glampers do if they need a shite during the day the the festival?

Just hold it in until they can use the nice toilets way back at camp?

Genuine question.

I saw your post and thought of one of my mates (Shaun). I seemed to remember him going a whole glastonbury without having a shit. Then I started questioning myself (sanity), so sent him this in an email;

An odd question follows : -  Did you once go a whole Glastonbury without having a shit?

This is Shaun's response;

In its own way the answer is equally odd, as yes, possibly all four of them that I've been to have been turdless. 

So, Cleetus - maybe they don't shite at all.

As an aside, there have been times at a festival, when I could have pissed for my country.

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I saw your post and thought of one of my mates (Shaun). I seemed to remember him going a whole glastonbury without having a shit.

Years ago a mate and I were trying to remember what the loos were like in the 80's. We finally worked out that we had no idea because we didn't use them, no need as we barely ate all weekend, just took drugs.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

as we barely ate all weekend, just took drugs.

I once got to Sunday early evening without eating. And guess what? I'll not be doing that again! It was a mad mud year, and I had really stretched the boundaries of mental wellbeing. If I hadn't eaten at that point in time, I reckon I wouldn't be the well adjusted person that I am today!

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I saw your post and thought of one of my mates (Shaun). I seemed to remember him going a whole glastonbury without having a shit. 

I used to do that every year and not from chemicals or not eating - but living on spliffs, booze and stodgy grub - chips, burgers, bacon baps. It wasn't always a week long odyssey in those days though - sometimes just Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. 

On 4/12/2023 at 2:11 PM, Cleetus said:

What do Glampers do if they need a shite during the day the the festival?

Just hold it in until they can use the nice toilets way back at camp?

Genuine question.

Dunno, I shit and shower in the mornings, so at Sticklinch I shat in their nice posh and spotless (until I was done) flushing toilets ever day.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, fred quimby said:

Do they call you back if you haven't left it in a fit state. 😃 proper walk of shame. 

No, thankfully, but they do make it obvious who's had a shite, or made a bit of a mess, as they immediately get the air freshener sprayed in there, or start cleaning if the person has made a mess.

The whole toilet queue (when there is one at peak times in the morning) can see which cubicles they have to 'take action' in and which they open the door and decide 'it's clean enough,' so ultimately, the whole queue knows what you did. 🙈🤣

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Forget about posh toilets, Camp Kerala has a hyperbaric chamber you can use:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq-UmjDtEC9/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Beats a Berocca to take the edge off after going HAM in the NYC Downlow dark room until the crack of dawn.

And how much of the festival would you miss by having croissants, massages and oxygen chambers!

21 minutes ago, JB3 said:

And how much of the festival would you miss by having croissants, massages and oxygen chambers!

The technical answer to that question (to my mind's eye) would be 'none' - because that would be 'the' festival that you experienced, had you experienced the above. The 'actual' answer is 'masses'. Mind you, the hoi polloi could probably get croissants and massages themselves, but may indeed struggle on the hyperbaric chamber front.*

* - One of my mates is at the top of the game in diving (as in scuba). He was diving at a quarry once when a call went out to any divers that were willing to go down again (without having had sufficient time to let the nitrogen out of their bodies from the day's previous dives) as there was a woman who had not been counted back in. My mate was one of the slack handful that volunteered to go down to see if they could hopefully rescue the woman, if at all possible (or find her dead body). So, they went in again, and down again. While down there a lady in the crowd asked others what all the fuss was about. It was the lady that they were down there looking for.

When they got out of the water, there were ambulances waiting for them, and they were rushed to a hospital with a hyperbaric chamber. My mate said you could see the look in the eyes of those who had been waiting for hours in the hospital, as they were led straight past everybody who had been waiting. Little did those people know that those divers could have died, or been permanently paralysed, had they not been shoved into the hyperbaric chamber straight away, and 'technically' taken back down again, and brought up much more slowly. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I suppose some folk often 'miss' the music side of the fest by indulging in all sorts of massages and therapies in the Healing Fields.

Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for this. They really set you up for the next three days of band watching, dancing, walking, late nights and general hectic merriment! 

On 4/8/2023 at 5:00 PM, Alvoram said:

It seems a way away, just over a mile to gate B apparently, down a single 'secret' footpath. But from the shots overlooking the festival from the campsite itself, that's gonna be one hell of an uphill slog at the end of the night / morning. 

They do however provide a free shuttle.

Hey everyone, Hannah from Inner Sanctum here!

You're all quite right in saying we're a brand new, off-site private campsite for Glastonbury 2023. So glad you found us - we are super excited for our debut year. Hope it's OK for me to get involved here and hopefully answer some of the points bought up? 

The camp is run by Lizzie and Ben who've lived in Pilton for 12+ years, building yurts as their family business. Every inch is run by independent businesses, something that's really important to the team here. You can read their story on Glasto Fest Feed:

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/features/inner-sanctum-building-family-run-campsite-glastonbury/

👉Yes, the site is further out than some other camps - with views of Glastonbury Tor and the festival in the valley - it's really stunning up there. Being where we are allows for a much larger space - so gives us the flexibility to offer both quiet camping and not-so-quiet camping.

👉We've been speaking to the Glastonbury logistics team and are now solely offering the free 3-minute shuttle bus to and from our site - rather than suggesting the footpath - to make sure all our guests stay safe on their mini-journey home each night. It'll run through the night - so no worries about tired legs. The shuttle takes you right to Pedestrian Gate B - right by the Pyramid stage, the Theatre & Circus, Acoustic, and Kids field.

👉We've been adding more and more to our website each week, so on top of the aforementioned Well-Being area (yoga, massage, shiatsu, hot tubs, wood-fired sauna), we also have a Yurt Lounge, Restaurant, Private Bar, and Dressing-Up Parlour equipped with everything you need to get festy-ready with makeup artists, hairstylists and a festival boutique.

Happy to help if anyone's got any queries! Again, hope this is welcome here - I'm new to forums 🙂 

2 hours ago, Hannahpk.davies said:

Hey everyone, Hannah from Inner Sanctum here!

You're all quite right in saying we're a brand new, off-site private campsite for Glastonbury 2023. So glad you found us - we are super excited for our debut year. Hope it's OK for me to get involved here and hopefully answer some of the points bought up? 

The camp is run by Lizzie and Ben who've lived in Pilton for 12+ years, building yurts as their family business. Every inch is run by independent businesses, something that's really important to the team here. You can read their story on Glasto Fest Feed:

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/features/inner-sanctum-building-family-run-campsite-glastonbury/

👉Yes, the site is further out than some other camps - with views of Glastonbury Tor and the festival in the valley - it's really stunning up there. Being where we are allows for a much larger space - so gives us the flexibility to offer both quiet camping and not-so-quiet camping.

👉We've been speaking to the Glastonbury logistics team and are now solely offering the free 3-minute shuttle bus to and from our site - rather than suggesting the footpath - to make sure all our guests stay safe on their mini-journey home each night. It'll run through the night - so no worries about tired legs. The shuttle takes you right to Pedestrian Gate B - right by the Pyramid stage, the Theatre & Circus, Acoustic, and Kids field.

👉We've been adding more and more to our website each week, so on top of the aforementioned Well-Being area (yoga, massage, shiatsu, hot tubs, wood-fired sauna), we also have a Yurt Lounge, Restaurant, Private Bar, and Dressing-Up Parlour equipped with everything you need to get festy-ready with makeup artists, hairstylists and a festival boutique.

Happy to help if anyone's got any queries! Again, hope this is welcome here - I'm new to forums 🙂 

Good luck to you all. I hope it's a success for you