Your Glastonbury Breakfast - Official Thread 2023

Jacko45

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Loving the replies people but some lacking in detail...

Are these Bacon Baps etc cooked in camp? Or do you head out to the stalls for breakfast. 

My mate swears by these, certainly if you're camping ligther.

HERE

818w5-thFML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those things are really good, quite often on offer on Amazon too.

Solpadeine. Then a White Russian (Waterford crystal tumbler, ice, kahlúa, Grey Goose and milk from the farm with a flake in it)...ok, I'm kidding about the crystal tumbler and we almost never have ice, only the odd time at the start of the festival. Works with a vanilla milkshake too. 

Previously used to head for a juice bar for a really refreshing zingy juice vitamin hit … sometimes an egg sarnie from somewhere up the green fields direction.. more recently I’ve discovered a stall that does waffles with cream and strawberries and that’s been my breakfast of choice the last two years.

Edited by Pipine

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

frozen margarita place on the walk from the Other to West Holts was a personal game/life changer last year! 

Sold!

It's normally liquid breakfast (beer) until we get to Greenfields then huge vegi breakfast. 

• Like 1

Coffee, Solpadeine and a bowl of sugar free Alpen with a chopped banana. 

For many years in our camp it was a tradition to drink an ice cold can of Special Brew (in the days when it was still 9% Abv) for breakfast on the Sunday but it would always mean that we'd want to go back to bed at around lunchtime. Stopped doing that five or six years ago. 

I'm in a van so freshly ground coffee (I take a grinder. Yeah, I know a lot of you take a grinder. I don't mean that kind), orange juice, scrambled eggs on toast, maybe halloumi, some tomatoes, toast. I'm not veggie but it's a very small van so don't fancy cooking bacon. It'd stink the place out. Or if I'm in more of a rush, a porridge pot or pain au chocolate or similar. Or if I'm really in a rush, a cereal bar. And fruit too.

Gonna have to rethink though this year. Newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (and trying for remission) so the fruit juice, toast, cereal bars etc are out. The eggs and what have you will be fine and looking for more easy low carb stuff to do. And for the rest of the meals too. Any suggestions gratefully received (that includes from stalls). Snacks on shift will be the hardest. Haribo has got me through many a night shift 

• Like 1

Meds, a smoke, a banana and an orange lucozade at the tent. Then head off for a bacon bap and cup of tea/sunshine smoothie. Or kedgeree if I remember and am up early enough, which is rare these days. They're missing a trick not serving it all day.

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Replace wine with cider and this used to be my approach.

Until it became wine, line, panic attack. 

That's a younger person's game ! 🙂

Bagels are a great job for the breakfast baps (good packing a much longer date than bread / baps)

Breakfast and lunch merge for me at Glastonbury. I'll wake up and maybe have a nutrigrain bar, but really, I'm not at the stages until 10ish, having something they call "brunch" around 11 consisting of a meal on the "larger" side which I'll wash down with a cold cider. The fact that it's larger will more or less set me up for the rest of the afternoon until I remind myself that I should probably eat again until around 8ish.