Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Greatest of respect neil but we hear you loud and clear … would be pretty dull if we all liked the same stuff wouldn’t it ? Clearly you don’t like GnR but as someone who’s run a festival website for umpteen years you understand this . 

i understand that criticism keeps standards high.

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You can't pull up offside camping, Glastonbury and 2000 trews are the only Festivals here I know that you can camp in and around and even Trees has altered that a bit.

There's plenty festivals that don't have a full arena setup - Boomtown and Shambala being easy examples. Of the ones that do, not all of them (Bearded, BDs) don't have restrictions going into the Arena so in those cases it's not noticeable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Sandstorms are rare, you're thinking Bonnaroo here.

And you do get readmission.

You can't pull up offside camping, Glastonbury and 2000 trews are the only Festivals here I know that you can camp in and around and even Trees has altered that a bit.

The camping is also so close to the arena if you are there early enough that it's barely 2 mins walk to your things. That kinda works with Glastonbury in the way that if you don't get there early you get a worse spot.

I for one wouldn't choose Glastonbury over Coachella but cars setup right next to you, you can't beat.

Anyone else now want a festival where 2000 pairs of tartan trousers feature in some way?

Just me?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's all a bit tongue-in-cheek, mate. I'd love to make the trip over but the weird "my festival is better than your festival" comparison from Perez Hilton II is getting a bit boring now. Both have positive and negative aspects and can hardly be compared 

Out of upvotes ffs

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Nobody too interesting here at first glance? Solid lineup but nobody not about already.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've seen worse for 2023. 

Duranx2 are around too. Further fire for @Hugh Jass II legend slot

Sadly that's more concerning than anything.

They're doing UK dates April/early May then seem to jetting over to the States. Hopefully they're not spending all summer there.

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

i understand that criticism keeps standards high.

What does this even mean though? Who's standards? The only reaction I've seen from other users here so far is either being really tired of hearing it or, a few pages back, even going as far as actively going and listening to them due to the amount of incessant whinging 

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

I would really really really love Duran Duran in the Legends slot

Ditto.  Would be a great fit and they're obviously active in the Summer.  Come on.  (crosses fingers),

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

What does this even mean though? Who's standards? The only reaction I've seen from other users here so far is either being really tired of hearing it or, a few pages back, even going as far as actively going and listening to them due to the amount of incessant whinging 

The festivals standards, if GnR was without criticism, we're much closer to another booking for kol. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

The festivals standards, if GnR was without criticism, we're much closer to another booking for kol. 

This forum has precisely zero effect on who Emily books as a headliner. Think you're giving yourself quite a bit too much credit there.

Social media backlash for Download this year was worse than ever and it's also apparently the fastest-selling ever. Money talks, online comments don't, and whether we like it or not Glasto would still sell out if GNR topped the pyramid all three nights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

This forum has precisely zero effect on who Emily books as a headliner. Think you're giving yourself quite a bit too much credit there.

Social media backlash for Download this year was worse than ever and it's also apparently the fastest-selling ever. Money talks, online comments don't, and whether we like it or not Glasto would still sell out if GNR topped the pyramid all three nights.

Public opinion certainly has an effect on who gets booked as headliners.