Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

47 minutes ago, gfa said:

Only reason i'd see AM again is the FOMO incase they play when the sun goes down, mardy bum or something

Take your headphones and listen to these songs what they’re on stage. 

Then you just have to pretend they’re miming badly, as opposed to not playing their best tracks and being absolute garbage live. 

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

100%

I'm 31 and my formative music years were in that period of fuck all, and yet Appetite for Destruction, an album released 4 years before I was born, was just the biggest thing amongst my friends for a while. They're the sound of immaturity to my ears now, mind

Also, Aerosmith's best known tune is a Run DMC track

It's actually an Aerosmith track from the mid-70s, which was then sampled by Run DMC and eventually re-recorded as a duet in the mid-80s. All the lyrics are Steven Tyler's 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Arctic Monkeys are almost certainly playing.

GnR probably are too.

Aside from a guy who’s been right in the past (which admittedly isn’t nothing, but isn’t TBC worthy either), there’s nothing to believe AM are headlining other than a gig they’re playing in an adjacent country the same weekend. “Almost certainly” is almost certainly a reach. Probably is more like it. 

You’ve even less with GnR. 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

One of all time fav Glastonbury sets.

Waits for unnecessary sarcastic comments about being dangerous

It looked such a riot.

Their Bestival set that year was similarly enormous fun. 2013 Chic was a peak, as it felt quite special. They're absolute legends and always will be, but there's been so lots of chances to see them since then that it's dulled it a tiny bit.

Would still love them to come back and sub one day mind, but it would have to be the Friday or the Saturday for the party vibes. 

Just now, Zacko said:

It looked such a riot.

Their Bestival set that year was similarly enormous fun. 2013 Chic was a peak, as it felt quite special. They're absolute legends and always will be, but there's been so lots of chances to see them since then that it's dulled it a tiny bit.

Would still love them to come back and sub one day mind, but it would have to be the Friday or the Saturday for the party vibes. 

I agree 2013 was peak as it felt special and a moment in time, before they became a constant feature of festival lineups every year since. The atmosphere in the field was one of the best I've ever experienced at Glasto, topped off by someone piping up behind me about 2/3rds of the way through their set sarcastically saying "I bet Arctic Monkeys would have been better than this shite!" to much laughter all round! 

• Upvote 1

The clashes in 2013 though.  I have 'Nam style flashbacks to this day.  That Friday was awful for clashes all afternoon.  Right up until about an hour before I was still mumbling to myself "erm, Chic?.....Portishead.  No - Arctics.  NO!! Chic!.....Erm..."

Think I made the right choice in the end.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

After seeing the rocket over the pyramid hint for Elton let’s hope in the not too distant future we see the festival post a photo hint of one of these flying over it😉

B13B7AB1-6F29-4D82-9FD9-82B8CC17D6A1.jpeg.f347ca77b1e214f27753ec1b32d10510.jpeg

Trying to think of ways they could announce other acts is fun. Foals and Wet Leg are easy but The 1975 would surely require an interpretative dance tribute to the Fall of Saigon. 

49 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The clashes in 2013 though.  I have 'Nam style flashbacks to this day.  That Friday was awful for clashes all afternoon.  Right up until about an hour before I was still mumbling to myself "erm, Chic?.....Portishead.  No - Arctics.  NO!! Chic!.....Erm..."

Think I made the right choice in the end.

AM never featured in my plans. I chose them over Bjork in ‘07 (wtf!) and learned. So I started off at Chic. Realised that although I was enjoying it and it was about to go off, it wasn’t where I needed to be. I started explaining to my mate and she told me to go before I even got the words out. I started running and got to Other in time for The Rip and it was exactly where I needed to be. 

One of my best ever choices. 

Absolutely over the moon with Elton John. If it's AM, I've seen them many times before and while I probably would enjoy it, Alex is the type who would not give a shit putting us through a full set of the sleazy lounge act. GnR not too fussed on but would be great for those who love 'em, and probably generally a good party. Honestly could do with some time off of Pyramid - this year I was there for so much of it, didn't make it to West Holts once! 

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

Seeing Portishead that night was one of the best decision I've ever made at Glastonbury. Mesmerising from start to finish. Beth Gibbons had me in tears at least twice. 

One of the best sets I've ever seen down there, incredible experience.

I pity anyone who chose the fucking artic monkeys over that 😂

That Chic set was one for the ages. One of my most treasured memories on the farm.

49 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

After seeing the rocket over the pyramid hint for Elton let’s hope in the not too distant future we see the festival post a photo hint of one of these flying over it😉

B13B7AB1-6F29-4D82-9FD9-82B8CC17D6A1.jpeg.f347ca77b1e214f27753ec1b32d10510.jpeg

I need this explained to me, though! What kind of bird is it?!