Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

21 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

They sold out a World Tour with hundreds of dates, including two at Tottenham Stadium at £100 to £250 a time.....Axl voice was decent when he sang for AC/DC and was for much of the World Tour where they played 3 hour sets. They only played 2 hours and less in UK because he had an issue with his voice. Like them or not, they are one of the biggest bands in the world.

Don’t doubt for one minute they’re one of the biggest bands and i probably would go see them the Saturday night but just think given their history of being late/cutting sets short/Axl’s voice makes them a questionable booking for the Saturday especially.

personally I think Dua will headline the Saturday and stick around the festival to come out during Elton’s set.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I really do wish they'd fuck off. Every bloody interview they bring up Glastonbury then finally admit they've never been asked, let's hope it stays that way.

I need to like this post daily for at least the next decade. Absolutely 100% spot on. 

51 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yikes, that's a hot take. Although I agree that the Chems have possibly oversaturated themselves in the past five years, the suggestion that Camelphat's output is superior (even against Tom and Ed's recent work) is a hard one to get on board with. I'd like to see the Chems veer off into something slightly less formulaic in the future but their live show is still up there with most top tier electronic acts

Camelphat can't be put in the same sentence as Chems.

Another act that would be nowhere if they didn't have the backing of Liverpool. Proper flaccid House.

I really need to remember that GnR headlining is actually good, as it gives me a chance to not be at the Pyramid for at least one night. Such a weird dichotomy where you want amazing headliners but actually you also kinda want at least one to be a bit shit or not to your tastes. 

38 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I really do wish they'd fuck off. Every bloody interview they bring up Glastonbury then finally admit they've never been asked, let's hope it stays that way.

If only these Glastonbury related mentions could be monitored using a handy website for tracking events 🤔

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Imagine getting so angry about saying CB ain’t the greatest.

so so so many better DJ’s

... and you just did it again.

It's akin to saying that you don't rate Pulp because you don't like Jarvis's 6music show.

But to be fair, I do agree with this part - there are loads of DJs who are better then the Chemical Brothers (they'd tell you same thing themselves too).

Edited by Homer

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Having failed with Elton we now have fold trying to shoehorn GnR, one of the biggest and most successful rock bands of all time, into a non-headline slot.

I love this place sometimes.

It’s called a forum. 

One band playing third down in a special guest slot, one band headline-only. 🤪

Weird stuff happens sometimes. It almost certainly won’t this time, but it’s worth discussing.

73D9FA80-E6B4-4BCB-BC5E-69B7A1C6298A.jpeg

767C9618-3323-4F74-B1AD-072FC3AFD4B3.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I really need to remember that GnR headlining is actually good, as it gives me a chance to not be at the Pyramid for at least one night. Such a weird dichotomy where you want amazing headliners but actually you also kinda want at least one to be a bit shit or not to your tastes. 

AM's sleeping pill of a show will be a very easy skip for me. That new album is a turkey, and I stand by what I said 4 years ago in regards to TBHC - if it wasn't AM performing it, people wouldn't care in the slightest. In the same way that some Tool fans would listen to Maynard fart into a microphone for an hour and call it genius. 

1 hour ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I guess if Blur are playing, this on Friday is the only slot they could realistically do. Seems unlikely but would love to be proved wrong!

I mean, Blur/Pulp/Elton would explain how they were actually able to finally afford Elton's fee. Pay him all three headliner fees and give Jarvis and Damon a cookie.

Although honestly Pulp/Dua Lipa/Elton actually sounds like a viable possibility to me

28 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

It’s called a forum. 

One band playing third down in a special guest slot, one band headline-only. 🤪

Weird stuff happens sometimes. It almost certainly won’t this time, but it’s worth discussing.

73D9FA80-E6B4-4BCB-BC5E-69B7A1C6298A.jpeg

767C9618-3323-4F74-B1AD-072FC3AFD4B3.jpeg

Worth pointing out though that Aerosmith formed in 1969 (I think?) and have largely been active ever since.  GnR formed around 1985, then pretty much did fuck all from 1995-2008.  In terms of years actively recording and releasing music, you aren't really comparing apples with apples here.  Plus the 70's (when Aerosmith were at their pomp) was a real high water mark in time for physical album sales.  I'd argue that GnR are the bigger band.

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

AM's sleeping pill of a show will be a very easy skip for me. That new album is a turkey, and I stand by what I said 4 years ago in regards to TBHC - if it wasn't AM performing it, people wouldn't care in the slightest. In the same way that some Tool fans would listen to Maynard fart into a microphone for an hour and call it genius. 

Yeah I don't think I'll be there and their potential booking doesn't excite me at all, but I did love them as a teenager so I reckon there's a chance if I'm on the right level I might pop along for nostalgia sake, maybe...

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Worth pointing out though that Aerosmith formed in 1969 (I think?) and have largely been active ever since.  GnR formed around 1985, then pretty much did fuck all from 1995-2008.  In terms of years actively recording and releasing music, you aren't really comparing apples with apples here.  Plus the 70's (when Aerosmith were at their pomp) was a real high water mark in time for physical album sales.  I'd argue that GnR are the bigger band.

100%

I'm 31 and my formative music years were in that period of fuck all, and yet Appetite for Destruction, an album released 4 years before I was born, was just the biggest thing amongst my friends for a while. They're the sound of immaturity to my ears now, mind

Also, Aerosmith's best known tune is a Run DMC track

Edited by Alcatraz

3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

100%

I'm 31 and my formative music years were in that period of fuck all, and yet Appetite for Destruction, an album released 4 years before I was born, was just the biggest thing amongst my friends for a while. They're the sound of immaturity to my ears now, mind

Also, Aerosmith's best known tune is a Run DMC track

Or that w*nky ballad from the Armageddon soundtrack that gets rolled out by unimaginative people at weddings.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Arctic Monkeys are almost certainly playing.

GnR probably are too.

People keep saying that but then people kept saying Elton was doing BST until earlier today.

I have different reasons for thinking both AM and GnR aren't playing. But the idea that it'd be a trio of AM/GnR/Elton just doesn't scan for me. I can see not having a woman on, I can see not having a younger act on. I can't see both happening. If someone had posted that trio on day one they'd be laughed out of the thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

People keep saying that but then people kept saying Elton was doing BST until earlier today.

I have different reasons for thinking both AM and GnR aren't playing. But the idea that it'd be a trio of AM/GnR/Elton just doesn't scan for me. I can see not having a woman on, I can see not having a younger act on. I can't see both happening. If someone had posted that trio on day one they'd be laughed out of the thread.

My gut instinct tells me the same.  As a trio of headliners it just doesn't seem like something they'd entertain, unless they had no choice of course.  Out of AM and GnR, it's GnR that feels the odd one out.  AM/Dua Lipa/Elton plus GnR in Legends slot feels more like it but I can't see GnR playing Glasto and NOT headlining the Pyramid.

Realise it's still very much speculation.  Could even turn out that neither AM nor GnR play and we get a huge curveball.