2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

As a teacher I can only do Friday - Sunday so this price hike is making me consider a Euro festival instead. I missed out on 2019 tickets & went to Sziget instead & it was cheap, great fun, nice city & went on to Istanbul for a soapy wash down in a spa for less.

Completely understand the price rise but I’m out for now! Other things to prioritise with general price rises over the next year and I’ve done my fare share of glasto’s so someone else gets a go! Good luck to everyone on ticket day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I dare say you may have a better chance of getting a ticket in April than November.

Downside is you’ll be expected to drop  340 notes, plus postage plus either car parking or a coach ticket, in one hit.

Same as this year then given the resale success seen - and the economy looked amazing then vs now

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

It will sell out straight away, it’s really affordable to a massive section of society.

Out of (down)votes 😞 

Just now, Scrump said:

For those of us who are feeling priced out, I can thoroughly recommend volunteering.

I keep saying it, but if you've got the time, it's by far the best way, regardless of ticket price (unless you can get a paid position).

The only disadvantage is the possibility of having a shift when you really want to see a band/artist.

• Like 2

I was probably expecting £320, but it really shouldn't be a huge surprise it's higher.

The cost of energy for Glasto next summer will be a massive increase, not to mention everything else.

It probably just wasn't possible to do it any cheaper and it still be Glasto as is, and support the causes.

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I keep saying it, but if you've got the time, it's by far the best way, regardless of ticket price (unless you can get a paid position).

The only disadvantage is the possibility of having a shift when you really want to see a band/artist.

if you know a litter picking contact i'd very much be interested, i have done Oxfam volunteering in the past but the Oxfam campsites location sucks plus the shifts are V boring

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

if you know a litter picking contact i'd very much be interested, i have done Oxfam volunteering in the past but the Oxfam campsites location sucks plus the shifts are V boring

Sadly I don't.

I work for Green Traffic, usually over subscribed, but definately not boring.

I'll know more in Jan/Feb.

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Within an hour? You've raised my optimism levels considerably. If true, all us dedicated efests people will get tickets.

It'll be the easiest in years to get a ticket. It'll be easier in November but the lineup opinions will see many dropping £30 back in the pot. The resale wasn't hard this year, my bank was just being a dick.

32 minutes ago, Scrump said:

For those of us who are feeling priced out, I can thoroughly recommend volunteering. 

I wouldn't do it again personally.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I dare say you may have a better chance of getting a ticket in April than November.

Downside is you’ll be expected to drop  340 notes, plus postage plus either car parking or a coach ticket, in one hit.

Pretty sure you have to pay the coach ticket when you book the deposit. So it'll be over a hundred each for us in that sale.

It's higher than I expected but I think pretty much everything is going to be over the next year. I'll still be trying (I didn't go this year so it'll be four years since I've been for one thing) but it is getting hard to justify going every year if you want to do anything else as well. My friends are a bit put off by the price too - hoping they'll still come or at least whack a deposit down, but it does start to narrow the pool of people who can come.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pretty sure you have to pay the coach ticket when you book the deposit. So it'll be over a hundred each for us in that sale.

Sorry, I meant if you get one in April you’ll have to pay everything in one go. Ticket plus transport is going to clock in at around £400 for most.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon we won’t see a difference with initial sale, but lots of tickets back in the pot for the resale. Especially if people don’t like the lineup. 

This is my prediction too. Lots of people will be really feeling the pinch financially by then and I suspect a lot of people will be thinking  "well may as well get the deposit paid and see where I'm at".

I expected £300 + £5, think it’s extortionate jumping up so much. My biggest concern is what happens for 2024? Will it be a case of the festival being able to get away with constant hikes thus more money? I appreciate there’s always an increase, but to jump by so much, given the current environment and economical challenges, just seems unusual. Surely it doesn’t increase again next year to £350+??

Don't get me wrong either, it’s of course value for money and more than worth it, but  at some point a lot of people will be priced out completely and will venture off elsewhere for good. I hope the uplift in price means less tickets sold, as the increase in capacity really was felt at times across the festival in terms of queues and general traffic from stages. Scary to think what the likes of WV/Sticklinch may increase too also. May cost £700+ before you’ve even stepped foot in the place.

Don’t mean to be pessimistic sorry, just deflated me a bit today seeing such a hike and considering how much everything else may cost such as coaches/accommodation/food and drink in the festival next summer.

1 minute ago, StevieGed said:

Don’t mean to be pessimistic sorry, just deflated me a bit today seeing such a hike and considering how much everything else may cost such as coaches/accommodation/food and drink in the festival next summer.

Same here and I don't even have to pay.

As a few have mentioned it could well change the demographic in a way I'm not happy about.

Surprised it’s gone up that much….four people from our group have already said they won’t be going next year off the back of that announcement, but we’ve still got 20 or so in for T-day next month. 

I will probably end up sticking the balance payment on my 0% interest credit card as I have about £400 per month for stuff for me and can’t afford for most of it to be wiped out in one go!