LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Thanks Neil, I've been here since 2004 and the information you provide and platform for communication you've created to support the festival world is 2nd to none.  All the best for the next phase in your life x

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Best Wishes @Neil will make sure we catch up at Glastonbury and WOMAD. There’s no doubting the efest chat has been a major part of our whole Glastonbury experience for many of us on here for a long time! 

thanks mate, can't do womad this year: long story involving new cat, and stepdaughter who won't allow us to go if she's not going.

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

Someone posted this:

IMG_3414.thumb.jpeg.df2ffb98eb0657daa4dd10740b3de645.jpeg

Which I think is a reference to this fella:

IMG_3415.thumb.jpeg.a022a470db43fc25eb758d32ed30f00d.jpeg

Interesting if it is them ad JP never announced prior to the full line-up. Points towards a Woodsies announcement, be interesting to see if anything other than the name has changed.

Fingers crossed for Woodsies today, that would be a good start to the weekend.  Hopefully it doesn't drop after the postman delivers Tears of the kingdom. 

Anyway, came to say, I know Overmono was on IIcon last year (and very good) new album dropped today and is awesome. Really hoping they are on the lineup somewhere. would suit arcadia. Gotta be on the farm somewhere though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

Fingers crossed for Woodsies today, that would be a good start to the weekend.  Hopefully it doesn't drop after the postman delivers Tears of the kingdom. 

Anyway, came to say, I know Overmono was on IIcon last year (and very good) new album dropped today and is awesome. Really hoping they are on the lineup somewhere. would suit arcadia. Gotta be on the farm somewhere though. 

New album is awesome. Seen them last year at iicon and were brilliant, agreed that Arcadia would be perfect.

19 hours ago, Neil said:

here's an announcement you weren't expecting....

Neil, many thanks for setting up efests (and its predecessors), the community here has been a lot of fun over the 20+ years I have used it, and it has massively improved my planning for, and enjoyment of, Glasto by ensuring I was well informed by the Efests crew on here (hopefully I helped inform others a few times along the way too!). 

All the best for the future!

Good luck with your recovery and whatever you choose to do next Neil, and thanks for last 20 years or so with the website in its various forms. I really think you and the website have paid a huge part in making the festival what it is today, which shouldn't be underestimated. I hope the Eavis', as well as bands themselves, appreciate how much you have helped. I doubt that we would have Clashfinders and Spotify playlists, etc without the support and focus of you and the posters on these forums, and many bands would have not had the exposure they deserved. 

And thanks!

Edited by dingbat2

31 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

30 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

New album is awesome. Seen them last year at iicon and were brilliant, agreed that Arcadia would be perfect.

Hoping for Park or Woodsies, they deserve the step up to a main stage this year. Arcadia would be a waste, can't do their live set on that.

14 hours ago, Neil said:

Thanks will be at worthy farm for a last hurrah next month.

Wishing you all the best for the future.  Just under 20 years of being on here, and it's been an absolute god send for information, and has certainly aided me in going to the festival more than once!  Quite the community you built

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

So... full lineup on the 26th, just in time for the bank holiday?  (sounds roughly right)

And Pulp will be on it!

Sorry, I cut the bottom of the screen shot off. He's saying it's 14 days until their first show.

He does later go on to say "there will be some other stuff soon... maybe..."