LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

39 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Really looking forward to the earache acts this year , loved Thursday night in 2022

I spoke to the Earache booker the other week at the football, think they're covering Thurs & Friday this year. Didn't press him on acts.

This is probably the only time i'll ever be ITK about anything.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

For me Phoenix fall into the category of "band I'd quite like to see but there's always something better on".

See also Future Islands.

Agh, NO!

Future Islands - intriguing for 20 minutes for Sam's dancing. One or two ok tunes. Otherwise pretty MOR vanilla indie.

Phoenix - CHOOOOONS! Absolutely ridiculous, incongruous, non-sensical lyrics, clearly written by a non-anglophone. But indie-rocky-poppy bangers? Soooo many!

Ben

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agh, NO!

Future Islands - intriguing for 20 minutes for Sam's dancing. One or two ok tunes. Otherwise pretty MOR vanilla indie.

Phoenix - CHOOOOONS! Absolutely ridiculous, incongruous, non-sensical lyrics, clearly written by a non-anglophone. But indie-rocky-poppy bangers? Soooo many!

Ben

Future Islands also wall to wall bangers

13 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

They can’t be there again surely? I wouldn’t mind seeing them this year actually, new albums pretty good

It's very good! Especially the extended version of Identical.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The. Voice. Of. Reason.

😄

Ben

😀 Cracking summer festival band. I’ve never got that in depth with them but Long distance Call, Trying to be Cool, 1901, Listzomania, Entertainment etc is a festival set In there for. They were out in the sun on the Other Stage in 2010 and they were great.

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

😀 Cracking summer festival band. I’ve never got that in depth with them but Long distance Call, Trying to be Cool, 1901, Listzomania, Entertainment etc is a festival set In there for. They were out in the sun on the Other Stage in 2010 and they were great.

Right where they'll be back this year!

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Comparing Future Islands and Phoenix is like trying to decide what's better out of a Ford Focus or a Toyota Corolla. Both very reliable in what they do, with little to no wow-factor.

Future Islands are fucking brilliant. Definitely more of a Mercedes CLA than a Ford Focus 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

here's an announcement you weren't expecting....

thank you for all youve done and the community youve helped create .... ive many many friends from this site and without it / them id have massively struggled through covid . best of luck with the ongoing projects and your health going forward . CF 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

here's an announcement you weren't expecting....

Good stuff Neil.  There's been some ups and downs but the community you created has taken me from talking to people on the internet to having a whole new group of friends in the real world.  I hope that you guys can focus on your recovery and anything else you get up to without the undoubted stresses of managing efests.

• Upvote 1