Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Not generally my area but I've seen some good hip-hop in this area in the past, Nas, Doomtree, Blackalicious etc.

Not recognising anything like that on this poster but any recs would be appreciated. 

Kojey Radical 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just don’t understand why it was 13 mins after the announcement and nobody had created the thread … does it all get lumped in the next announcement thread these days …. Same with Avalon …. There used to be multiple threads created with new areas and the least posted in would drop away … 

If I had been awake I'd have done it. You're doing the lords work!

3 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m surprised Romy is there.  Wonder if she’ll appear on The Park or somewhere too (it is Romy from the xx right? Lol)

Someone has probably beaten me to this but she will be doing a more DJ set than live set. This was the case at APE last year and while a slight disappointment still a solid set.

I do wonder why she hasn't dropped another single from her forthcoming album in the last two years. I get why she would delay the overall release due to vinyl backlog and wanting to get those sales all up front but only one single is weird. Maybe she is waiting for Oli and Jamie to do their thing now?

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

The blurb on the main site says theirs 4 stages.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/silver-hayes-announces-its-glastonbury-2022-line-up/

Maybe they don't consider BBC I as Silver Hayes, even though that's where it's located. 

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 10.55.08.png

BBC Introducing has always been a separate announcement and not part of Silver Hayes itself. So you're right, it's located in  Silver Hayes but it isn't part of Silver Hayes.

....I'm sure there is a UK and Europe equivalency in there somewhere...

Someone else has suggested somewhere it should be in the Park - it used to be! - I disagree. I think it being in SH makes it more accessible and likely to get more passing footfall than on the hill. Though I do see the argument that a Park crowd might be more inclined to stop by and maybe that's why it used to be up there. Had a very sweaty time seeing Zane Lowe in there over 10 years ago on a Thursday evening.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Looks like Jessie Ware's been promoted.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

No Fred Again on there, hopefully he’s elsewhere.

Both of these are likely to be on other stages. I reckon Fred Again for a late afternoon/early evening John Peel slot. Jessie Ware might be similar but could also see her landing a slot on Other. I honestly can't see Fred Again not being there. Not as close to Jessie's Ware-abouts (couldn't help myself) but if she was listed before I'm guessing she has been bumped up as What's Your Pleasure was an absolute banger.

3 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Both of these are likely to be on other stages. I reckon Fred Again for a late afternoon/early evening John Peel slot. Jessie Ware might be similar but could also see her landing a slot on Other. I honestly can't see Fred Again not being there. Not as close to Jessie's Ware-abouts (couldn't help myself) but if she was listed before I'm guessing she has been bumped up as What's Your Pleasure was an absolute banger.

Based on watching his Coachella set I think the JP would work a treat, so hopefully that is the case.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 hours ago, Haan said:

+ ArrDee

They should've got someone from the High Focus label, some UK Drill and some Grime but I'm not sure if they'd draw a decent Glasto crowd 

Oh, I'm looking forward to the map so I can work out what the furthest possible point is from the stage when ArrDee is on.

Really hope those genres you mention are well represented on other stages.

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Orbital were strong rumour for Silver hayes Saturday, so I'm hoping they will turn up at Arcadia, JP or elsewhere instead. 

Assume this is in DJ capacity rather than live. Live would be Other headline level I would think (which by rumours isn't happening). As DJ they could pop up anywhere. I saw them on Arcadia back when it was in the SE Corner so they could do Pangea or IICON maybe? As they are celebrating 30 years I would expect them to pop up somewhere and if its after hours I'll be very likely to be there myself!

Given the anniversary and history with the festival: Pyramid sunset slot anyone!? (joking!)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Assume this is in DJ capacity rather than live. Live would be Other headline level I would think (which by rumours isn't happening). As DJ they could pop up anywhere. I saw them on Arcadia back when it was in the SE Corner so they could do Pangea or IICON maybe? As they are celebrating 30 years I would expect them to pop up somewhere and if its after hours I'll be very likely to be there myself!

Given the anniversary and history with the festival: Pyramid sunset slot anyone!? (joking!)

Arcadia set starting after Macca finishes would be perfect, I'm sure they were rumoured to be playing a live set at John Peel for 2020 festival.

10 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Arcadia set starting after Macca finishes would be perfect, I'm sure they were rumoured to be playing a live set at John Peel for 2020 festival.

After I posted I realised headlining JP against strong headliners would also fit. Great venue for them too. I've seen the live show twice now. Once at Bestival in the big top after headliners (midnight start iirc followed by Nero) and then again at the Apollo a few years back. Feel like I'm forgetting one though.

Orbital after Macca would be perfect. Though isn't there a rumour for a Chems DJ set on Pangea one night? That would also be adequate, thank you. 😉

Edited by Beaver89
tidying

26 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

That’s just absolute nonsense though isn’t it?

25 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

That's not true. Folamour, first name off the top of my head. There'll be plenty more.

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Folamour wants a word...

It was a hyperbolic statement 

43 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

BBC Introducing has always been a separate announcement and not part of Silver Hayes itself. So you're right, it's located in  Silver Hayes but it isn't part of Silver Hayes.

....I'm sure there is a UK and Europe equivalency in there somewhere...

Someone else has suggested somewhere it should be in the Park - it used to be! - I disagree. I think it being in SH makes it more accessible and likely to get more passing footfall than on the hill. Though I do see the argument that a Park crowd might be more inclined to stop by and maybe that's why it used to be up there. Had a very sweaty time seeing Zane Lowe in there over 10 years ago on a Thursday evening.

Think I was at that Zane Lowe show, was a riot, mate mine lost his shoe!

My theory on BBCI moving is more about Silver Hayes improving as an area. BBCI just doesn't fit for me. It would be like whacking it next to Shangri La. 

Guess we'll see where it ends up!!