2023 legend slot

ProperTea

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

definitely legend. avalon makes sense but they might play more than once.

they're a big classic act of the kind there's not many of, and a similar fit to ELO.

Avalon doesn't make much sense really. Ferry headlined WH on his own a few years ago and RM are about to tour arenas.

I'd have pegged them as a third/fourth Pyramid act, so Legend Slot feels about right.

14 minutes ago, Armourman said:

What a superb move. That slot has became a victim of its success over past few years and this year it was genuinely scary amount of people ( and more worryingly movement) Cracking act and sure to make a great show whilst not being novelty enough to draw in sightseers. 

yes, i think its a great booking, that shouldn't get diro crazy. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hate the band and their c**t of a lead singer but its a good booking. Wont be 100k at it and a nice move away from the kitsch pop route they've been going.

Yep - I'd much rather they headed in this direction than start to bring 90s or even 00s acts into the equation yet as has been suggested. They'll have their time.

2 minutes ago, serendipitous said:

I like Roxy Music but I'm thoroughly whelmed by the idea of them doing the legends slot. I tend to think it needs acts with at least one song you could throw on at a wedding disco and everyone would know it.

I'm not a massive fan - but I reckon both Love Is The Drug and Dance Away come pretty close to this?

11 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not a massive fan - but I reckon both Love Is The Drug and Dance Away come pretty close to this?

Love Is The Drug would probably come closest but I think for a lot of people it's a "oh, this was them?" rather than a massive singalong moment. Probably Jealous Guy might be the one with widest appeal to be fair, even if it's not only from their version.