2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Oooo tidy booking. A good few well known songs to please partial fans, but keep away the massive floods of people. 

Love is the Drug and More Than This, surely those two are the most well known and appear on about a dozen film soundtracks for the casual listener.

Also happy to move away from the whole Butlins feel of the dancing choreographed security guards.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Think I’m prob from the wrong generation for this one. I like the tunes I’ve heard though and recognise a few.

I always think they're one of the most underrated bands ever, and my theory is because their last album came out in 1982.

They don't seem to get talked about in the same bracket as a lot of the big 80's bands because of that, and yet they definitely influenced a lot of those bands. I also somehow don't associate them with the 70s either because I immediately think of punk, Bowie, American rock, or prog when the 70's comes up. Sort of a weird inbetween with them where they were almost too ahead of their time! 

Nile Rodgers forming Chic because he went to a Roxy show and was so inspired will always be my favourite bit of trivia. 

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Don't know much of them either, bar the name. Saves some budget for the real legends (Pulp)

I much prefer Pulp myself, but realistically - not factoring in any potential "Glastonbury disconts", Pulp will be a hell of a lot cheaper to book based on how much Roxy Music are charging (and it appears getting) for their own tour.

21 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I always think they're one of the most underrated bands ever, and my theory is because their last album came out in 1982.

They don't seem to get talked about in the same bracket as a lot of the big 80's bands because

THEY'RE MUCH MORE OF A 70S BAND.

5 songs into GH and already looking forward to seeing them. They are highlighted on my 2014 Clashfinder, but we can’t fully recall if we saw them. Embarrassing what old age does! We do remember the Kodaline/Imagine Dragons/Manics run earlier that day on Other, and I think we watched Brian F from quite far back in WH and it wasn’t packed and got quite close but there was a big muddy patch in WH field. I think that was the year the Grand Bouffe on the corner was accessed via pallets across a lake of mud?