2023 legend slot

ProperTea

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But Glasto Sunday is the 25th right - no other back to back dates on that list, always a day off in between. There's definitely a hole, but it's on the 26th, not the 25th.

Easier for the Legend as it's a small slot and won't need full production but I'm not convinced it's a smoking gun. It looks more like there's a date on the 26th that hasn't be announced/confirmed yet.

I guess, but he's done some back to back dates on the current tour elsewhere.  The thing that struck me most was the GSH and the fact that the gig on the 24th is in Plymouth, so literally down the road.

Just skipped 20 pages of this after returning from holiday and I don’t think anything has changed! 

11 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I rarely watch any Pyramid headliners and have never seen a legend slot. The only one that interested me was Kylie, but it was too damn hot.

yet you are all over this thread and the headliners one too? 

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But Glasto Sunday is the 25th right - no other back to back dates on that list, always a day off in between. There's definitely a hole, but it's on the 26th, not the 25th.

Easier for the Legend as it's a small slot and won't need full production but I'm not convinced it's a smoking gun. It looks more like there's a date on the 26th that hasn't be announced/confirmed yet.

He'll get awfully close to Glastonbury on the Sunday travelling from Plymouth to Northampton though, and don't forget it's an afternoon slot not a usual late evening tour slot, so he can get to bed with a mug of horlicks nice and early.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe but the point is not every date in a tour is and we have people who have even cancelled announced tour dates to play Glastonbury. We just can't honestly say that the line up we have was the only one possible. I think for example Harry Styles probably would have been very amenable to headlining Glastonbury. It seems he probably was swerved ahead of AM and that will turn out to have been a terrible mistake. 

To be fair he could easily have been booked for next year, maybe his promoters weren't up for it alongside all the stadium dates? 

25 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Look at his actual website and his tour dates there. He does loads of US cities back to back, which are much much further apart than Plymouth to Glasto

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair he could easily have been booked for next year, maybe his promoters weren't up for it alongside all the stadium dates? 

He was playing last June as well. I'd doubt he'll be doing a third year promoting the same album. These things are done years in advance as everyone says I just think Glastonbury probably backed the wrong horse this year. 

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It can be simultaneously true that:

1) In isolation each of the acts is plenty big enough / suitable for their allocated in slots

2) In combination it does look pretty stale and homogeneous 

3) Thinking 2) doesn't mean you think there were better options open to the booking team

4) It's totally alright to laugh at all the old white men playing their old rock music at a festival in 2023.

Yep have no reactions left to give but it is the combo of all of them that makes it worse. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It can be simultaneously true that:

1) In isolation each of the acts is plenty big enough / suitable for their allocated in slots

2) In combination it does look pretty stale and homogeneous 

3) Thinking 2) doesn't mean you think there were better options open to the booking team

4) It's totally alright to laugh at all the old white men playing their old rock music at a festival in 2023.

This is it exactly

The shutting down like "no one else was available, deal with it" is a bit weird on a festival forum based entirely on idle speculation 😂

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was anyone on here present for Rod's headline set in 2002?

Yup, but as a young Scotsman in his 20s then I was suitably hammered with a crowd of mates, my only two memories of the gig are a big row of us sitting down swaying as if in a boat  doing a drunken "I am sailing" and wearing a bobbies hat and posing topless for a photo with the cop. 

Can't remember anything of him or the music. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, garc1a said:

Yup, but as a young Scotsman in his 20s then I was suitably hammered with a crowd of mates, my only two memories of the gig are a big row of us sitting down swaying as if in a boat  doing a drunken "I am sailing" and wearing a bobbies hat and posing topless for a photo with the cop. 

Can't remember anything of him or the music. 

I was there, eas very dull, with some jingoistic chat.