Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Last time I went to a gig there, no alcohol could be taken in or sold in the arena. 😯

It was a long time ago but still not over it.

Luckily we had tickets that got us into a VIPish bit that had a bar (mate was going out with the singer from Boo Radleys sister 😄). £15.50!

crystal-palace-bowl-advert-1991-728x1024.thumb.jpg.ad921303a149de00524d881c69cb9263.jpg

I went to that. Went in pissed, came out sober! And no-one could get close to the stage, unless you fancy a swim in stagnant water

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's scandalous but I can't judge them. When you're young you tend to stick to the popular acts of that time and everything else, including the foundations of that particular genre, is rubbish. As you get older your ear becomes more sophisticated and you respect the roots much more. I'm sure if I looked back on some of my musical opinions in my late teens I'd cringe beyond belief. That said, not even knowing who the Chemical Brothers are is insane. 

On reflection, some of my mid to late teens taste was awful, so I will withhold judgement.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:
26 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Just scrolled through some of those Twitter replies.....some right childish idiotic replies there.

I think it’s the way they all say “delete” like it should be something the festival is ashamed of booking. They’re a regular rebooking and for good reason.

10 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

On reflection, some of my mid to late teens taste was awful, so I will withhold judgement.

I think it’s the way they all say “delete” like it should be something the festival is ashamed of booking. They’re a regular rebooking and for good reason.

🤦‍♂️

CEC9E89B-ECC3-4BC7-B071-B945FB895797.png

37 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I went to that. Went in pissed, came out sober! And no-one could get close to the stage, unless you fancy a swim in stagnant water

I was there also.  I didn't remember the lack of alcohol must admit, which given how much I used to drink at gigs back in those days is quite surprising, as would have thought I would have been very upset.  Still a brilliant line up though  (Cud, supporting the Pixies, didn't see that one coming)

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's great fun. And you seem like the kind of person able to mix in with a friendly crowd. Bound to be some from on here who'd welcome you into their camp. I say go for it!

so im in ... for trying tomorrow anyway 🙂 decision made .... friend has decided hes in too. PP decision if its on can be left for another day 🙂 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Ditto. Some incredible lineups in the past, like this one.

What they've announced doesn't begin to compare for my tastes.

Also weird how they were muscled out by APE and it's APE that's letting them back in.

6669aed025a26c8777061b6b39003407.webp

APE has corporate backing, ( Goldenvoice/ AEG) I assume Field Day does not. so it might came down to money and logistics help. It does seem strange that they handled their transition very badly and upset so many people by pulling the rug out.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's scandalous but I can't judge them. When you're young you tend to stick to the popular acts of that time and everything else, including the foundations of that particular genre, is rubbish. As you get older your ear becomes more sophisticated and you respect the roots much more. I'm sure if I looked back on some of my musical opinions in my late teens I'd cringe beyond belief. That said, not even knowing who the Chemical Brothers are is insane. 

I’m reading the comments and I’m actually gobsmacked that people going to creamfields don’t know who chemical brothers are, wtf. 

Im sure if Skrillex was on the line up they would say he was the most superior all time great dj ever and should headline over anyone else including Calvin Harris.

Itll also be exciting when some of those kids check out the Chems show and end up being blown away, then turn around and say they never trashed em 6 months prior.

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Am happy to give you a hand if ya like. Trying to do my good deed of the month

There's a few of us on it so I reckon we should be OK, thanks bud.  I don't think they'll have a holding page or anything so there's a big old risk of duplicate tickets if we're not careful!!

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Ayrshire Chris you in for BDS tickets tomorrow ? 

Date doesn’t suit unfortunately as it’s a bit close to when we have already a break , fingers crossed, already booked    .  If that gets cancelled I had thought about BD but looks like it will sell out.  Of course if something happens near Glastonbury, that’s a different story!