Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

51 minutes ago, Quark said:

Already spotted and mobilising the troops. F5 finger is going through a Rocky-esque training montage this afternoon

Is it likely to be a bun fight for the remaining tickets tomorrow?

I'm supposed to be getting two for me and a mate....

52 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Is there a no refund policy? If you can get a refund, no gripes surely...

You can get a refund, with booking fee (booking fee wasn't originally included but due to the massive backlash they quickly changed their stance).

The main issue is how the news has been delivered.

For the past 2 weeks Field Day have been teasing a "huge announcement", which turned out to be a venue and date change. 

Many people complaining because they've bought tickets within that time and obviously Field Day knew what they were doing, trying to ramp up sales first. It's snakey. 

People have booked trains and Air BnBs which are non-refundable for the original date. 

Just handled really badly.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

You can get a refund, with booking fee (booking fee wasn't originally included but due to the massive backlash they quickly changed their stance).

For the past 2 weeks Field Day have been teasing a "huge announcement", which turned out to be a venue and date change. 

Many people complaining because they've bought tickets within that time and obviously Field Day knew what they were doing, trying to ramp up sales first. It's snakey. 

People have booked trains and Air BnBs which are non-refundable for the original date. 

Ah, wasn't aware of all that.

That's totally shocking and underhand.

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I agree, I’m really angry as was so looking forward to it but now can’t go on the new date as at another festival. Also didn’t book tickets to bicep for their brixton date they announced a while back as thought I’d be seeing them at field day.

I also think the fact they kept selling tickets over the last couple of weeks when they must have known this change of date/venue was happening is pretty disgusting behaviour tbh, they should have taken tickets off sale if what they were selling was changing

Edited by tigger123

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Field Day actually started at VP. Had some great times there in the late 00's and early 10's.

Ditto. Some incredible lineups in the past, like this one.

What they've announced doesn't begin to compare for my tastes.

Also weird how they were muscled out by APE and it's APE that's letting them back in.

6669aed025a26c8777061b6b39003407.webp

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Also weird how they were muscled out by APE and it's APE that's letting them back in.

Not going to this is one of my festival regrets. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

im teetering .... trying to persuade friends at the mo .... if not i might be considering it on my own .... although ive never done a festival on my own B4 

It's great fun. And you seem like the kind of person able to mix in with a friendly crowd. Bound to be some from on here who'd welcome you into their camp. I say go for it!

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Is it likely to be a bun fight for the remaining tickets tomorrow?

I'm supposed to be getting two for me and a mate....

Not being one of the big ones and not having a line up yet I'd normally say no, but I'm working on the assumption that people will be snapping up tix for whatever fests they can get to this summer.

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I was at that Peej day. WIsh I was more familiar with Parquet Courts back then.

3 hours ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.3e2360466a473ee73760154792cd9335.png

Last time I went to a gig there, no alcohol could be taken in or sold in the arena. 😯

It was a long time ago but still not over it.

Luckily we had tickets that got us into a VIPish bit that had a bar (mate was going out with the singer from Boo Radleys sister 😄). £15.50!

crystal-palace-bowl-advert-1991-728x1024.thumb.jpg.ad921303a149de00524d881c69cb9263.jpg

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not being one of the big ones and not having a line up yet I'd normally say no, but I'm working on the assumption that people will be snapping up tix for whatever fests they can get to this summer.

That's my worry too...I'm hoping that being on the button at 10am tomorrow will be enough to secure a pair!

1 minute ago, Jcatley said:

The Chemical Brothers are headlining Creamfields. Hopefully means they are active in the autumn.

And it's not gone down well with the Kreamfields Kids. Seems like they wanted Disclosure or Calvin Harris. Some of the opinions on the Chems really give you an insight into what a lot of the youngsters are looking for these days.

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

And it's not gone down well with the Kreamfields Kids. Seems like they wanted Disclosure or Calvin Harris. Some of the opinions on the Chems really give you an insight into what a lot of the youngsters are looking for these days.

Yes I’ve seen the backlash on Twitter, a lot of them not even knowing who they are. Not impressed with the level of disrespect on show. 

2 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Yes I’ve seen the backlash on Twitter, a lot of them not even knowing who they are. Not impressed with the level of disrespect on show. 

It's scandalous but I can't judge them. When you're young you tend to stick to the popular acts of that time and everything else, including the foundations of that particular genre, is rubbish. As you get older your ear becomes more sophisticated and you respect the roots much more. I'm sure if I looked back on some of my musical opinions in my late teens I'd cringe beyond belief. That said, not even knowing who the Chemical Brothers are is insane. 

21 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Just scrolled through some of those Twitter replies.....some right childish idiotic replies there.