Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Hmm APE is tempting that weekend. We’re, hopefully, going to Greece the following Wednesday for a week and I’ve booked off the whole two week period, so that could be an excellent start to a first *proper* break since the pandemic!

16 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Shambala will give a refund for any reason, upto a month before. 

Thanks but Shambala is booked for the whole family whereas APE would be with said friend (and possibly a couple of others). 

I couldn't (and don't want to) do that to them!

Mary-Anne Hobbs just said they're announcing the 6music festival line-up on Friday morning (Lauren's show). Should be interesting! They usually have a decent line-up. Doubt it will be in London again so be interesting to see where - and when - it will be too. They're usually in Feb/Mar (in fact yesterday it was a year since I was at the last one), but I'm thinking maybe autumn/late summer?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mary-Anne Hobbs just said they're announcing the 6music festival line-up on Friday morning (Lauren's show). Should be interesting! They usually have a decent line-up. Doubt it will be in London again so be interesting to see where - and when - it will be too. They're usually in Feb/Mar (in fact yesterday it was a year since I was at the last one), but I'm thinking maybe autumn/late summer?

Maybe outdoors this time to give it more of a chance? I'd guess September 

50 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I wouldn’t recommend it. I love six - but I found the gigs over subscribed when I went.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Hmm APE is tempting that weekend. We’re, hopefully, going to Greece the following Wednesday for a week and I’ve booked off the whole two week period, so that could be an excellent start to a first *proper* break since the pandemic!

What's the situ with Greece hols (if there is one) and how are prices please? (My wife said she wants to go in autumn literally last night.)

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

I wouldn’t recommend it. I love six - but I found the gigs over subscribed when I went.

I would! Really enjoyed last year's Women's Day line-up. The only other one I've been to was the first one in 2014, which I enjoyed too, although I didn't like the venue. Roundhouse was great for it though.

39 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Maybe outdoors this time to give it more of a chance? I'd guess September 

Can't imagine it being outside, just because it's always been multivenue but I guess we'll see? 

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I would! Really enjoyed last year's Women's Day line-up. The only other one I've been to was the first one in 2014, which I enjoyed too, although I didn't like the venue. Roundhouse was great for it though.

Can't imagine it being outside, just because it's always been multivenue but I guess we'll see? 

AH, glad to hear it was better (I went to the Bristol one) maybe I was just unlucky!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Keeping my fingers crossed it’s being hosted in Wales. We’re the only nation not to have had the 6 music festival since it’s started. 

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed it’s being hosted in Wales. We’re the only nation not to have had the 6 music festival since it’s started. 

Good shout. Will be listening! 

With this and the APE announcement it actually reminds me of the old days of things getting announced and them possibly actually happening. Nice to see 🙂

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

What's the situ with Greece hols (if there is one) and how are prices please? (My wife said she wants to go in autumn literally last night.)

Not really much of a situ other than positive noises from them wanting British tourists this summer. Seems to me that if there’s one foreign country you could go to on holiday this summer, it’s one of the most likely.

We booked before the roadmap news and got a great deal. Same holiday is now about £500 more. Not sure if the prices have stabilised now, I haven’t checked for a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Not really much of a situ other than positive noises from them wanting British tourists this summer. Seems to me that if there’s one foreign country you could go to on holiday this summer, it’s one of the most likely.

We booked before the roadmap news and got a great deal. Same holiday is now about £500 more. Not sure if the prices have stabilised now, I haven’t checked for a few weeks.

That's v helpful, thanks. Glad you got a bargain! It certainly looked favourite last autumn (before we gave up and went to Tenby instead).