Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That’ll certainly be happening.  Then a number of figures will appear to say how well it’s all worked and then onto the June date where we can start doing things again! 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've often crossed the road to not be freaking out a woman at night never felt like they've noticed.

Only time I've ever been conscious of this is when I used to walk home down the canal path in Manchester city centre (streets were always busy enough for it not to be a problem there)...just an extremely awkward situation as the crossing of the road type solution isn't an option, and any slowing down just made me feel more suspicious. 

50 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Only time I've ever been conscious of this is when I used to walk home down the canal path in Manchester city centre (streets were always busy enough for it not to be a problem there)...just an extremely awkward situation as the crossing of the road type solution isn't an option, and any slowing down just made me feel more suspicious. 

In these instances I try and do something to ease any concerns or awkwardness by making a phonecall and speaking more obviously or slightly louder in a friendly manner. It seems to help. 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In these instances I try and do something to ease any concerns or awkwardness by making a phonecall and speaking more obviously or slightly louder in a friendly manner. It seems to help. 

Considered that but a double edged sword there - getting phones out on that particular canal path is not a good idea (as I found when I was mugged there while on the phone, for my phone!) 

There's no real good answer - probably easier to just take the longer route! 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've often crossed the road to not be freaking out a woman at night never felt like they've noticed.

Yes, always been second nature to me.  Usually cross the road or give a wide berth. The last thing you want to do is to cause anyone concern.  I did on one occasion advise a woman to avoid a certain city street as there was a bit of trouble going on. Such a pity some of our streets have become no go areas. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, always been second nature to me.  Usually cross the road or give a wide berth. The last thing you want to do is to cause anyone concern.  I did on one occasion advise a woman to avoid a certain city street as there was a bit of trouble going on. Such a pity some of our streets have become no go areas. 

I’ve done the same and have at times been concerned for my own safety on a walk home  can’t imagine the shit women have to go through all the time ... 

On 3/14/2021 at 5:02 AM, eFestivals said:

What's the point in limiting capacity to 20,000 if there's going to be no social distancing?

Surely the only purpose of reducing capacity to 20%-25% of the stadium size (90k) is to allow for social distancing by spacing out the groups. If they think they can go ahead without distancing then it should be a full 90,000 sellout crowd

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What's the point in limiting capacity to 20,000 if there's going to be no social distancing?

Surely the only purpose of reducing capacity to 20%-25% of the stadium size (90k) is to allow for social distancing by spacing out the groups. If they think they can go ahead without distancing then it should be a full 90,000 sellout crowd

Could it be due to wanting to test everyone prior to going in? No idea btw, just guessing...

Edited by Mellotr0n

3 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Could it be due to wanting to test everyone prior to going in? No idea btw, just guessing...

We are doing 1.5m rapid flow tests every day.

We could quite easily test the full 90,000 crowd.

20k with social distancing or 90k packed both make sense, but 20k without social distancing is silly. Basically means that you have 1/4 capacity crowd all packed together and the rest of the stands sitting empty.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

We are doing 1.5m rapid flow tests every day.

We could quite easily test the full 90,000 crowd.

20k with social distancing or 90k packed both make sense, but 20k without social distancing is silly. Basically means that you have 1/4 capacity crowd all packed together and the rest of the stands sitting empty.

Testing 90,000 people in one area at one time is much harder than testing 20,000. Extrapolating from nationwide figures doesn't make any sense logistics wise. It might not be this but it could be.

I agree with you otherwise. 20,000 but no social distancing, I can't quite get what the point is bar optics of it being "cautious" and "gradual".

Also perhaps the crowd will be spread out across lots of stands, but social distancing won't be "enforced", if that makes sense? Who knows?

Edited by Mellotr0n

1 hour ago, Mellotr0n said:

Testing 90,000 people in one area at one time is much harder than testing 20,000. Extrapolating from nationwide figures doesn't make any sense logistics wise. It might not be this but it could be.

I agree with you otherwise. 20,000 but no social distancing, I can't quite get what the point is bar optics of it being "cautious" and "gradual".

Also perhaps the crowd will be spread out across lots of stands, but social distancing won't be "enforced", if that makes sense? Who knows?

Yeah the concourse is the area social distancing would normally be a problem anyway- bars etc. Just means people can go to the toilets when they want and get a drink

I hope this is to prove they can have some fans in for the Euros, still before 21st June for many games. 

But I suspect this is a pilot for what will come after 21st June - why not test full capacity? Because they're won't be full capacity when we "reopen", but they might get some more votes in the local elections if people believe there will be

This gives me a bit more faith in it but still not convinced 

Edited by efcfanwirral

41 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah the concourse is the area social distancing would normally be a problem anyway- bars etc. Just means people can go to the toilets when they want and get a drink

I hope this is to prove they can have some fans in for the Euros, still before 21st June for many games. 

But I suspect this is a pilot for what will come after 21st June - why not test full capacity? Because they're won't be full capacity when we "reopen", but they might get some more votes in the local elections if people believe there will be

This gives me a bit more faith in it but still not convinced 

It’s good to see the return of nightclubs being talked about more. I’m not entirely sure how useful trials with testing required beforehand will be though, that doesn’t seem feasible for most clubs wanting to reopen to me?

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It’s good to see the return of nightclubs being talked about more. I’m not entirely sure how useful trials with testing required beforehand will be though, that doesn’t seem feasible for most clubs wanting to reopen to me?

No nor gigs or festivals. You don't trial things for something different though, and the government is so out of touch that they probably think it is logistically possible to do tests for all these events, because the isolated test events will be fine. 

Trial/tests are supposed to be in the same conditions as what happens in the future so we should focus on actions not words on this one 

Edited by efcfanwirral

56 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Because they're won't be full capacity when we "reopen",

Why not, if all restrictions are lifted on 21st June?

Hope you don't quote that line from the Gov PDF as that doesn't suggest they won't be lifted, just that they're being looked at prior.

On 3/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just don't do what I did when I was walking home down a suburban street once and there was a woman walking home just ahead of me; and in your drunken state check and ask her if she's okay walking home on her own as you turn off to go into your house. I was being genuinely sincere at the time - but my ex confirmed for me when I sobered up that this would not have come across well!

I guess it's a bit sad that if you do something like this, you just make yourself look like a sex offender.

Edited by Homer

21 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Why not, if all restrictions are lifted on 21st June?

Hope you don't quote that line from the Gov PDF as that doesn't suggest they won't be lifted, just that they're being looked at prior.

Logically - they want people to have two shots of the vaccine, but letting social distancing disappear when many have only had one? (I know- younger have more natural protection, but that is not really being talked about nor is natural infection). It would make many people think things were completely safe and that they don't need that second shot, it just doesn't make sense. Surely a further incentive is needed if that second vaccine is so important?

I'm pretty sure the tone will change after that local election...

Not saying things won't open, just that I think there will be capacity limits. Just like every single person would've guessed and maybe accepted before their "roadmap". I doubt we'd be talking about the end of social distancing in June if the local elections were next year.

Edited by efcfanwirral