Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Bought tickets this morning for Beautiful Days but not been before....me and my mate (both 39) are going together....any tips on camping areas etc? Or tips on arrival times etc that 1st timers wouldn't know? 

I reckon pick this up on the Beautiful Days board, happy to share what I picked up from my last visit!

28 minutes ago, henry bear said:

6 Music can be so annoying at times; in this instance by misjudging the mood of frustrated gig-goers desperate for events to go to, and expecting us to get excited by an event we can’t attend.

I wouldn't have minded if they'd trailed it as being an online-only thing. Lot of hype about it this week that felt misleading to me.

• Like 1

I was intending to book a ticket for the Green Gathering in Chepstow in  late July/early August.  Good little festival.  However it seems the Welsh FM Drakeford is intending on keeping social distancing restrictions in Wales continuing for the rest of the year would you believe!!!  What an absolute joke!!  Green Gathering have said that they'll still be able to go ahead with the festival if social distancing restrictions remain.  But if that nonsense is still going then I won't bother booking a ticket.  Can't be doing with all that hassle and bother, having to keep remaining at least 2 metres away from anyone else, one way systems, black and yellow hazzard tape everywhere, etc.  Social distancing and festivals just don't mix!

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm yep 🙂 .... im happy with the Levellers twice 🙂 

Glad you managed to get the tickets. We were swithering right up to late last night whether to try for tickets but have a hol booked for early August .  Would only cancel that if it was for some Glasto related event! Shame as I love the levellers, maybe next year. 

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

6 Music can be so annoying at times; in this instance by misjudging the mood of frustrated gig-goers desperate for events to go to, and expecting us to get excited by an event we can’t attend.

Sounds better than the time I bought a ticket... and then found I couldn't get into many of the gigs.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't they say the sets had already been recorded?

You might be right. I didn't pay that much attention tbh after the disappointment of finding out it was online.

There have been various crews around the Palace for the past few weeks, but that could've been for anything really. Will see if I can find anything out from security there on my evening walk tonight, if I happen to see anyone.

14 minutes ago, JHad said:

You might be right. I didn't pay that much attention tbh after the disappointment of finding out it was online.

There have been various crews around the Palace for the past few weeks, but that could've been for anything really. Will see if I can find anything out from security there on my evening walk tonight, if I happen to see anyone.

Yeah must admit I was only half listening too, so I could have misunderstood. It's not long to the event, though, so if they were going to do any kind of distanced tickets they'd need to announce it pretty soon. 

Another cancellation... was supposed to be on 4th and 5th July. They have said it won’t be possible due to capacity limits and restrictions which is a bit confusing. 

89B565E5-C9C3-487C-A49A-2E95E7F128BC.jpeg

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Another cancellation... was supposed to be on 4th and 5th July. They have said it won’t be possible due to capacity limits and restrictions which is a bit confusing. 

Yes, bit confusing that seeing as that is after 21st June when all this restrictions nonsense should be finally scrapped.  But with that festival being only 2 weeks later, I guess the organisers are not feeling too confident that restrictions will actually end on 21st June.  So they've decided not to risk it.  I know a couple of other festivals that have done the same - Tewkesbury Medieval Festival and Chilled In A Field.  Both of which were intended to go ahead in July.

9 hours ago, music fan said:

Yes, bit confusing that seeing as that is after 21st June when all this restrictions nonsense should be finally scrapped.  But with that festival being only 2 weeks later, I guess the organisers are not feeling too confident that restrictions will actually end on 21st June.  So they've decided not to risk it

Yes the lack of information from the government along with no Covid cancellation insurance available makes it a big risk for a lot of events.

And with no one knowing anything about the supposed Events Research Programme, due to no information being made available about it at all, now even leading industry bodies have had to email the DMCS and Business secretary of state's to try and get some sort of idea what it's about.

https://www.aeo.org.uk/aeo-news/eia-issues-open-letter-to-dcms-and-beis

Lots of pieces of the jigsaw missing to get events up and running, the magic 'switch on" button won't just happen on 21/06.

Edited by Paul ™
Added Link

15 hours ago, music fan said:

Yes, bit confusing that seeing as that is after 21st June when all this restrictions nonsense should be finally scrapped.  But with that festival being only 2 weeks later, I guess the organisers are not feeling too confident that restrictions will actually end on 21st June.  So they've decided not to risk it.  I know a couple of other festivals that have done the same - Tewkesbury Medieval Festival and Chilled In A Field.  Both of which were intended to go ahead in July.

I assume there are logistical issues due to the restrictions in place in the lead up to the event taking place that would have contributed the cancellation...

On 3/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's actually a bit annoying as it's been trailed all week as this big announcement. They very much made it sound like it was going to be a proper live event.

I heard this this morning when I was half asleep and even in my dream I thought "what's the fucking point of that - a live stream now?".  I really thought I'd dreamt it until they repeated it about an hour later!