Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

That’ll be Thundercat ruled out then. Supporting RHCP on the Sat and Sun.

.Paak is free on the Sun and I imagine being at Glasto is why he’s not with RHCP that night.  

Really sucks about Thundercat. Unless he can do the afternoon Saturday and make a Chillis London show later in the day. Won’t happen but never know. 

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't that Rick Stein's son's festival?

He’s ‘hosting’ it. That just means they get a local chef celebrity to be the MC. It’s not owned by him. Last year was Paul Ainsworth I think 

Edited by whitehorses

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Did anyone ask them how soon?

I should have said today as a joke wow - they genuinely had no idea when it was announcing and weren't even too sure if they were on it haha

2 hours ago, Neondrift said:

Anyone pointed out Bombay Bicycle Club yet? Would be lovely sometime in the evening on the Other? Or perhaps a secret set in the JP or Park

21884205-FCCE-468D-BA92-C12D332EA0E0.jpeg

So I spoke to them ages ago about whether they’d be back at glasto and they said no. Was a bit of a weird convo.

They weren’t asked for 2020 nor 2022.

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

If I was a betting man, Sky Ferreira looks good value as a JP/Park addition.

+ 1 for this, would be a great unexpected add (unexpected if you asked me a month ago before seeing the sprinkling of festival dates).

Would be on my must see list for sure.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Really think they’d be on poster 1 if they were playing

Which is why I think they’d get secret set duty if they’re there at all rather than an announced set. Clearly taking on smaller venues for now at least so wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to kick off the tour with a smaller set at Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Which is why I think they’d get secret set duty if they’re there at all rather than an announced set. Clearly taking on smaller venues for now at least so wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to kick off the tour with a smaller set at Glastonbury. 

Unless they play very late at night secretly the crowd will be bigger than brixton's 5k (I assume thats the biggest date)

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Unless they play very late at night secretly the crowd will be bigger than brixton's 5k (I assume thats the biggest date)

So the question is where can they perform late at night as a secret but still be found out. I mean maybe we'll get tipped off if Liam is djing somewhere during the weekend?