Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think they are supporting the stones. It would explain Glasto weekend being free and no Glasto.

Yeah I could see this happening too to be fair. It would be quite funny if you’re right about there being a missing sub but rather than it being a huge name it’s just Warren and the lads.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Would be a weird support for The Stones imo. Last tour they had a bunch of popular artists whose tunes people actually know and would get the crowd going (Flo, LG, The Specials, The Vaccines).

They're playing arenas these days so it's probably fair to assume quite a few people have heard of them. It's not like they're picking some nobodies off the Hyde park bandstand.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Would be a weird support for The Stones imo. Last tour they had a bunch of popular artists whose tunes people actually know and would get the crowd going (Flo, LG, The Specials, The Vaccines).

I mean the stones supports are a bit random, they have ranged from Maneskin to Cage the Elephant to Kaleo. 

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Fwiw I think the only way we have a missing sub is if one of Doja/Lorde/MTS headline Other Saturday and Wolf Alice sub Other.

Billie / Lorde / Elbow
Foals / Wolf Alice

Macca / Noel / HAIM
Doja / Burna Boy

Kendrick / TWOD / MTS
PSB / Y&Y

Billie Eilish // TBA // Elbow
Foals // Wolf Alice

Macca // Noel // HAIM
TBA // Megan

Kendrick // Doja // Lorde
PSB // Y&Y

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

They're playing arenas these days so it's probably fair to assume quite a few people have heard of them. It's not like they're picking some nobodies off the Hyde park bandstand.

Of course, it just seems a bit of a departure in terms of the type of person they appeal to.

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah but I’m assuming the thing we were told yesterday about Burna Boy subbing Other is true.

Missed that. Is it reliable?

Would make sense and if so I will concede on Megan headlining the other. 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno man the stones are pretty wild. They had a whole days program for their 2013 shows.

I doubt you listen to Jack White or the War on Drugs so you don’t understand their size. I listen to both and I’m aware that they both are a big deal

Much bigger than the acts on the 2013 bill:

The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park with Mick Taylor | Welwyn Hatfield  Times

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I doubt you listen to Jack White or the War on Drugs so you don’t understand their size. I listen to both and I’m aware that they both are a big deal

Much bigger than the acts on the 2013 bill:

The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park with Mick Taylor | Welwyn Hatfield  Times

To be fair Jake Bugg headlined the Other stage the year after this 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

To be fair Jake Bugg headlined the Other stage the year after this 

Was getting smaller slots in 2013, though. Subbed the NME Stage at R&L that year.

But yeah, on their last stadium tour in 2018 they had acts like Florence and the Machine, Liam Gallagher and Elbow, so I don’t think Jack White is too big for it. Not that I’d be outright expecting it.