LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I personally think they’ll time it for the resale now, it’s one thing expecting people to pay their balance without a lineup, but it’s another thing expecting people who don’t even have a ticket to pay nearly £300 without one.

If for some reason it comes after the resale, maybe it’s a one of ‘favour’ to the people who missed out in 2019 and who subsequently haven’t been for years, on the basis they let people roll tickets over so they’re looking to help the ticketless out a bit. Would seem an odd way to run a business though, but maybe not if it was just a one off under the circumstance. 

Thanks guys for rolling over your money for a couple of years, we're now going to try and get rid of you to help others out. Would seem a bit odd at best

1 minute ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Thanks guys for rolling over your money for a couple of years, we're now going to try and get rid of you to help others out. Would seem a bit odd at best

Makes perfect sense to me because Glastonbury only wants the dedicated here and gatekeeps who comes. 

I'm going for 8th March. A thanks to all those who paid their balance. A 'we can't wait to see you all in june. Here's what we've been working on...' poster drop followed by a resale reminder giving people 2 weeks to get their shit together. 

16 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I really believe this would reward those die hard fans

The idea that the festival should do things for the most "deserving" is already absurd but the idea it should be doing things to help Bruce Willis fans is beyond ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Gnomicide knows something 

I know nothing. 

Someone who is involved with one of the acts that may or may not be on the first poster has said they will let me know when the poster is coming if they get advance warning. I presume they will so they can do the "We're playing Glastonbury" thing. I've heard nothing from them.

Just now, PDAD said:

I'm going for 8th March. A thanks to all those who paid their balance. A 'we can't wait to see you all in june. Here's what we've been working on...' poster drop followed by a resale reminder giving people 2 weeks to get their shit together. 

That's the worst time to announce in my opinion, a pure middle finger to everyone who has a ticket as they could have announced it during the balance payment window without the weird 'test of faith'

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I know nothing. 

Someone who is involved with one of the acts that may or may not be on the first poster has said they will let me know when the poster is coming if they get advance warning. I presume they will so they can do the "We're playing Glastonbury" thing. I've heard nothing from them.

👍🏻

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Why do people keep talking about the festival not releasing the lineup to “help with the resale”?

Why would the festival actively want to put people off from paying them? It makes absolutely no sense.

I see you are new to this site. 

it’s just the way it works

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

That's the worst time to announce in my opinion, a pure middle finger to everyone who has a ticket as they could have announced it during the balance payment window without the weird 'test of faith'

Yeah will announce after the resale 

I get the Macca tweet could have been LONDON, or whatever, but since even the One Show was talking about him headlining Glastonbury and there was no denial from anyone, it’s obviously him and the tweet was obviously referencing Glastonbury. With that said, the main thing I find odd about this is that they haven’t just announced him. Macca ain’t tweeting that on a whim by himself, it was obviously scheduled and OK’d, so it must be ready to announce. Not that arsed myself and still excited either way, just seems a bit strange.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

The idea that the festival should do things for the most "deserving" is already absurd but the idea it should be doing things to help Bruce Willis fans is beyond ridiculous.

I'm not saying they should, only that this way of doing things would have that effect. The festival is a business, selling out is critical to their survival. A possible easier resale suits me and other's who would have marked the dates in their diarx as soon as they were announced. That doesn't mean I think it's likely to happen

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Why do people keep talking about the festival not releasing the lineup to “help with the resale”?

Why would the festival actively want to put people off from paying them? It makes absolutely no sense.

Absolutely this …. It likely will as a result somewhat … but would be absolutely bonkers as that money is almost locked in 

They have enough acts for a poster it just depends on its the acts they want to lead with after 2 years away. I think we're still missing a couple of big slots at the top so a poster now could feel a bit light. Maybe why Macca has been held back for the poster. 

Maybe everyone was waiting on Covid restrictions to loosen which is why they were still confirming in February. I think Macca was only properly confirmed last week and things may have been up in the air.

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

They have enough acts for a poster it just depends on its the acts they want to lead with after 2 years away. I think we're still missing a couple of big slots at the top so a poster now could feel a bit light. Maybe why Macca has been held back for the poster. 

Maybe everyone was waiting on Covid restrictions to loosen which is why they were still confirming in February. I think Macca was only properly confirmed last week and things may have been up in the air.

No the only logical solution is that they want to announce after the resale because not enough dedicated fans are going. 

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

Which slots though? From what we think we know, the top of the line up is pretty stacked

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

2 years to lock down enough acts for a first poster and we got 3 months til its happening. How did Primavera get almost their whole lineup booked and announced a year ahead? 

Don’t forget we get our mail delivered by tractor in rural Somerset … the confirmation might have been done by semaphore 

Just now, Big durbs said:

Zoe ball on radio 2 has "hinted" she might have something from Glastonbury this morning ....

could be Woody ( but he has already self confirmed ) .

she does have Kelly Jones from the stereophonic's on the show this morning ????

Evidence

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Not this morning

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not coming at 10.

It’s coming March 30th / 31st.

Guesses or facts based on knowledge?