When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

I don’t mean to sound patronising but come on that’s from the Daily Mail. How much rubbish has that paper spewed that’s never happened, they are printing that to get people riled up against the current restrictions. Let’s not start believing the Daily Mail for these things.

Also it’s a bit hyperbolic to say ‘our one remaining freedom’, I would suggest that people living under oppressive regimes would very much like our way of life even the current one. 

Being able to leave the house for a walk for over an hour is our last remaining freedom bar going to work or shopping for food so it’s not hyperbolic at all.

Unless I’ve missed that there’s something else we can do without the risk of being harassed by police?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Being able to leave the house for a walk for over an hour is our last remaining freedom bar going to work or shopping for food so it’s not hyperbolic at all.

Unless I’ve missed that there’s something else we can do without the risk of being harassed by police?

I put my rubbish out yesterday as a copper walked past and he didn't hassle me, so there's that...? 😛 

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t mean to sound patronising but come on that’s from the Daily Mail. How much rubbish has that paper spewed that’s never happened, they are printing that to get people riled up against the current restrictions. Let’s not start believing the Daily Mail for these things.

Also it’s a bit hyperbolic to say ‘our one remaining freedom’, I would suggest that people living under oppressive regimes would very much like our way of life even the current one. 

Are you okay? Seen you snapping at a few people recently and I’m concerned you’re not doing alright.

Don’t be afraid to take a step back from the thread if you need a break. It is a tough time for us all!

• Like 1

It is hyperbolic, look at what you are doing now early on a Monday morning, posting on a message board from the safety of your home. How many round the world would give anything for that? The idea you’ve posted won’t happen but even if it did there are still freedoms we can enjoy here. I know it’s tough but look around the world to see how people without their freedoms really live like. 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Don’t be afraid to take a step back from the thread if you need a break.

Indeed. This is a pretty intense thread, I find it best to only drop in once or twice per day. There's a lot of informative content but there's also a huge dose of reality and scaremongery via our fine British press and endless social media commentary and contradiction. It's difficult to sift through what's positive for you and what's harmful

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It is hyperbolic, look at what you are doing now early on a Monday morning, posting on a message board from the safety of your home. How many round the world would give anything for that? The idea you’ve posted won’t happen but even if it did there are still freedoms we can enjoy here. I know it’s tough but look around the world to see how people without their freedoms really live like. 

I’d agree it probably won’t happen but it does have a source of some description ... I guess we just wait and see and hope that the signs of drops that stu posted a page or so back prevent this ... I don’t see any issues with a walk from home either ... 

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

From the Mail:

Even limiting exercising to an hour is a massive no no for myself and I’m sure many many people.

It defies logic.

Target messaging around keeping distance etc. rather than swipe away our one remaining freedom.

It only serves to make people even more frustrated and likely to break rules even more.

C926CCAC-0C41-4FF5-8789-2CC62D740804.jpeg

A 'Whitehall source'?  They made this up didn't they.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m talking about “we” as people in this country not referring to the entire human race. Therefore it’s mad to bring in people around the world.

I’m speaking about our freedoms I’m comparison to what they were 12 months ago.

I’m fully aware of the struggles people around the world go through but I don’t understand why you bring this in to a conversation which is clearly in reference to the UK and COVID?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't think it's an unreasonable statement in the context of our normal lives. Judged against our baseline it's a fairly accurate statement. 

Its one of the last remaining reasons we are allowed to be outside of our homes. 

I’m talking about “we” as people in this country not referring to the entire human race. Therefore it’s mad to bring in people around the world.

I’m speaking about our freedoms I’m comparison to what they were 12 months ago.

I’m fully aware of the struggles people around the world go through but I don’t understand why you bring this in to a conversation which is clearly in reference to the UK and COVID?

Because you are talking about our one remaining freedoms and I’m trying to point out we have many freedoms still especially when compared to others round the world that live under oppressive regimes. I get it we can’t do much at the moment and it’s an emotional time but I think to say those types of things is quite severe comparatively.

It’s all mute anyway as it won’t happen 😃

I'd be very surprised if they attempted anything like a once-a-week exercise rule and it would be impossible to enforce so let's not panic. I think they'd try curfews before that and I'm not convinced they'd do that either.

If there are signs the restrictions are working then hopefully nothing else will need to be introduced. Fingers firmly crossed that will be the case.

Briefing today mahbe?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd be very surprised if they attempted anything like a once-a-week exercise rule and it would be impossible to enforce so let's not panic. I think they'd try curfews before that and I'm not convinced they'd do that either.

If there are signs the restrictions are working then hopefully nothing else will need to be introduced. Fingers firmly crossed that will be the case.

Briefing today mahbe?

Yeah probably with the start of the daily vaccination figures. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Briefing today mahbe?

There’s a briefing today. Matt Hancock expected to fully set out the vaccine programme. 

43 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Why is why we need to see a source of where this has come from. It most likely won’t happen and posting it here is likely to worry people even more for no reason.

I can pretty safely say they won’t bring this in, the furthest they would likely go imo is limiting exercise to an hour a day. 

It’s got traction now though - people are talking about it on Twitter. 

The big difference between this and the original lockdown for me is that I’m still going in to work so it doesn’t feel any different for me. Psychologically I don’t feel locked in. 

Until more non essential sectors are shutdown then many people aren’t going to comply. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Because you are talking about our one remaining freedoms and I’m trying to point out we have many freedoms still especially when compared to others round the world that live under oppressive regimes. I get it we can’t do much at the moment and it’s an emotional time but I think to say those types of things is quite severe comparatively.

It’s all mute anyway as it won’t happen 😃

The only reason your allowed out your house for anything other essentials (food, healthcare, employment) is to exercise / get some fresh air. 

Unenforceable or not its not really the point there will be loads of people who abide by the rules. Its impossible to enforce the speed limit on every single mile of the road yet lots still do it. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The big difference between this and the original lockdown for me is that I’m still going in to work so it doesn’t feel any different for me. Psychologically I don’t feel locked in. 

Until more non essential sectors are shutdown then many people aren’t going to comply. 

What's the reason for that? Were you furloughed before? But work is able to stay open this time? Or a company decision around home working?