When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, st dan said:

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes - should hopefully pass soon and fingers crossed I somehow avoid it!

@Ozanne @kalifire @steviewevie @RobertProsineckisLighter

Just to add to the other replies you have received regarding household transmission, I am an example of someone who did not get it from their partner who tested positive. My mum and brother who I also live with both tested positive and I returned a negative test towards the end of the 10-day self isolation period. 

11 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

If I see people breaking lockdown rules can somebody tell me how to ascertain their socio-economic status so that i can engage in some pointless class politics?

If they are breaking the rules, they're working class.

I hilariously spent the first six months of 2019 whinging on here about how I didn't have a Glastonbury ticket (got one in the end end).

Think I might spend the first six months of this year whinging about how I do have a ticket to the Euro 2020 final.

Can’t get my head around the media gunning for people who head to beauty spots.

Generally have no proof that they aren’t from the local area.

If I lived near a sea front or similar I’d be doing a walk there.

They’ve literally stopped us doing anything else ffs give us a break.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Maybe this will help.  The point is cases are surging in Flintshire despite them being locked down since the 20th December so no surprise they may get a little tetchy with people from outside of their county visiting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-100-cars-turned-away-19598144

I get your general point that if you live close by then fine (I have purposefully moved to an area with a big lake near by for running purposes) but the above is proof (of sorts) that people are taking the piss.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The police do know where they are from ... they just need to look up the registration plate of the car ... people driving to beauty spots will likely mean unnecessary stops elsewhere ... cup of coffee , toilet stop , petrol stop etc 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The police do know where they are from ... they just need to look up the registration plate of the car ... people driving to beauty spots will likely mean unnecessary stops elsewhere ... cup of coffee , toilet stop , petrol stop etc 

Sorry, I was more aiming this at the media.

The headline says one thing and then it’s hidden within the article I read that it’s not clear if the people are local.

Either way is there seriously an issue of you drive within your county to a nice walk?!

Further than this I can understand issues but what have we become?!

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Try not to think of it as they've stopped us from doing things, they've put measures in place to try to mitigate the spread of the virus. 

6 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Maybe this will help.  The point is cases are surging in Flintshire despite them being locked down since the 20th December so no surprise they may get a little tetchy with people from outside of their county visiting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-100-cars-turned-away-19598144

I get your general point that if you live close by then fine (I have purposefully moved to an area with a big lake near by for running purposes) but the above is proof (of sorts) that people are taking the piss.

Bit of a stretch to describe Flintshire as a “beauty spot” 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Try not to think of it as they've stopped us from doing things, they've put measures in place to try to mitigate the spread of the virus. 

I can see this up to a point.

Harassing people for doing the only thing they can actually do though is too far in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anyway, it's a mystery why the Tories aren't way behind in the polls:

ok...well, he obviously wants to move on from brexit seeing as labour voters, or potential labour voters are so divided on it...and I guess remainer/rejoiners voters are more likely to stick with labour (unless in Scotland), whereas leaver voters are obviously ok voting tory or some farage party. And even on the remainy side, I'm guessing a lot of people are exhausted and sick of brexit, and want it to just go away. Maybe he wants to move the argument back to the economy and away from all the brexity culture war stuff.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok...well, he obviously wants to move on from brexit seeing as labour voters, or potential labour voters are so divided on it...and I guess remainer/rejoiners voters are more likely to stick with labour (unless in Scotland), whereas leaver voters are obviously ok voting tory or some farage party. And even on the remainy side, I'm guessing a lot of people are exhausted and sick of brexit, and want it to just go away. Maybe he wants to move the argument back to the economy and away from all the brexity culture war stuff.

It's not so much the tweet that was being quoted, as the question being posed - what does he stand for? Because I'm fucked if I know and I'm a member of the Labour party.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not so much the tweet that was being quoted, as the question being posed - what does he stand for? Because I'm fucked if I know and I'm a member of the Labour party.

It's a tricky one, think he does need to announce some policy soon-ish but during a pandemic feels slightly pointless, it'll get lost in the shuffle. 

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I can see this up to a point.

Harassing people for doing the only thing they can actually do though is too far in my opinion.

According to some reports from people on Twitter who know the two women they have some lovely walks right on their doorstep within walking distance that they chose not to use.

The new variant of coronavirus that is sweeping the UK is extremely unlikely to evade immune responses generated by vaccines or a previous Covid infection, scientists say.

Researchers in the US found that antibodies collected from former patients very rarely targeted parts of the virus that were mutated in the new variant. Their work suggests only half a percent of individuals are at risk of having reduced protection against the variant, named B.1.1.7.

The findings will come as a relief to scientists and public health officials who have been concerned that vaccines being rolled out worldwide might be less effective against the new variant, and that cases could soar on the back of reinfections.

Based on the new analysis, Akiko Iwasaki, professor of immunobiology at Yale University, said: “The B.1.1.7 variant is unlikely to escape recognition by antibodies generated by prior infection with [older versions of the] virus or the vaccines.”

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Can someone explain to me why the flying fuck we're discussing whether someone get drive somewhere else to go for a walk whilst the fucking football is still on?

I thought the discussion was whether the footballers should get the vaccine first?