When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Out of interest does anyone know how R is reported exactly? The estimate is between 0.7 - 1, so I'm assuming that's a mean of the models with a standard error either side so R is potentially 0.85 for example, with an error of 0.15, is that correct?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

So, if a lag and R was going up 2 or 3 weeks ago, since then we've eased lockdown measures...........

I’m simply amazed that they continue to move the goalposts. Death rates in countries now the r rate. 

News from the Front.

Mrs Lycra's unit has had only 1 death in the last 7 days and currently has 15 empty beds (approx 40%). A very high proportion of patients admitted with suspected Covid are repeatedly testing negative.

Edited by Lycra
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, D-Low said:

Interesting. "compulsory 14-day quarantine order once I arrive in Hong Kong. Penalty for violating the quarantine: HKD $25,000 and 6 months in jail" Our sham of a government wouldn't dream of coming close to this.

What did we get, open boarders and airports, and lots of posters in the arrivals asking nicely "please stay at home if you have flown" 🤦‍♂️. The threat of a £30 fine for flouting lockdown here is a joke. Although I don't agree with the tracking chip.

If you think 6 months in jail is appropriate for breaking quarantine then you need to take a hard look in the mirror.

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

One things I learned in lockdown is Klopp is even more of a bell end than I thought

I think you must be the only person I’ve ever seen take a dislike to Jurgen Klopp ... perhaps you should check out some of the work he does for the community and people in lockdown ... might sway you 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think you must be the only person I’ve ever seen take a dislike to Jurgen Klopp ... perhaps you should check out some of the work he does for the community and people in lockdown ... might sway you 

Even I like him and you wouldn't expect me to...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

News from the Front.

Mrs Lycra's unit has had only 1 death in the last 7 days and currently has 15 empty beds (approx 40%). A very high proportion of patients admitted with suspected Covid are repeatedly testing negative.

I know a couple who have all the symptoms, but have tested twice negative... is there just a natural proportion of false negatives, or do all these people really have something else?

56 minutes ago, Smeble said:

One things I learned in lockdown is Klopp is even more of a bell end than I thought

If you don't think that's funny, or true, then you may be letting loose projectiles in a dwelling made of a well known transparent amorphous solid...

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath

25 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

I know a couple who have all the symptoms, but have tested twice negative... is there just a natural proportion of false negatives, or do all these people really have something else?

I know someone who tested negative 4 times then positive on the 5th, showed all symptoms but was in hospital so could have caught it between tests 4 and 5 or the tests could be a bit shit? Or people taking samples not doing thorough job? Who knows.

anyway R number now creeping back up and that’s before relaxed lockdown has taken effect.

nursery open in 2 weeks, I have to drop child at door and not go in. Kids can play together, staff will clean more and open windows for ventilation....might keep paying and not send him for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Just out of interest does anything make you smile? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, D-Low said:

What did we get, open boarders and airports, and lots of posters in the arrivals asking nicely "please stay at home if you have flown" 🤦‍♂️. The threat of a £30 fine for flouting lockdown here is a joke. Although I don't agree with the tracking chip.

Why do folk keep misspelling "borders" these days?    I see it regularly on certain forums, not this one though. Or are you talking about staying in B&B ?  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I like the guy, Reckon he has the same dentist as Taylor Hawkins! 

585A6323-AE36-4A6E-970B-3F58DEB6D523.jpeg.9bf6743d853ff029d88a713402af5c68.jpeg