When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My mate got pinged by the app today and she says the only place she's been is a supermarket for the past couple of weeks. She's trying to work out how the fuck it happened as even that seemed empty. Could be an app glitch I guess...

I’d put money on it being her neighbour 

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I do wonder what will happen if one of my neighbours gets it ? I sleep on top off and underneath them .... in a block of flats but within the proximity ... is the app clever enough to know there is a physical barrier between us ? because when i check my exposure notifications it looks like its picking up their phone at different times throughout the day / night 

9E4BE363-481F-4D6C-86ED-76C365CA9F2A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/05/mystery-illness-to-strike-chinese-city-is-not-sars-say-authorities-wuhan

A year since the first mention of what went on to become the pandemic in the guardian

The World Health Organization said it was monitoring the situation closely and maintaining contact with Chinese authorities. No travel or trade restrictions were necessary at this time, it said.’

3C220BC2-F1D1-45D6-BFAE-4B4E5BB11396.jpeg

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My 27 year old niece who works in a hospital has had a vaccination, my 90 year old mum hasn't.

Who is likely to come into more contact with a larger amount of vulnerable people? While your niece is at minimal risk of being ill she has the potential to spread it to more people due to her work if she catches it. 

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

No, but I was looking at using a proximity sensor from a car bumper and a mini speaker to create a wearable that shouts 'Get away from me you diseased cretin' when anyone comes within a 2 metre exclusion zone.

Now there is an idea for a @crazyfool1 hat upgrade.

54 minutes ago, st dan said:

Sad - but again this was one of the high street stores that was always going to go within the next few years, simply been accelerated by Covid. 

On a similar note, can’t for the life of me understand how WH Smith are still standing, unless having the Post Office in their stores is the only thing keeping them afloat?

The problem with WH Smiths is they haven't moved with the times, they have just kept stationery

• Upvote 4

Just now, Copperface said:

Now there is an idea for a @crazyfool1 hat upgrade.

I can add it to my LED screen backpack that tells people to stay away 🙂 .... I do need a project that sees me to the next festival though .... im out of ideas at present and need inspiration ..... was thinking about a pangea hat but that might be a crane too far 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I can add it to my LED screen backpack that tells people to stay away 🙂 .... I do need a project that sees me to the next festival though .... im out of ideas at present and need inspiration ..... was thinking about a pangea hat but that might be a crane too far 

As long as 'Get away from me you diseased cretin' is included it'll work.

Too many flamethrowers needed for a pangea hat.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

vaccination doesnt' stop her catching it...?

Not saying anyone in this thread but this has reminded me of something -  I've had to say this many times the past few days on whatsapp etc - people hear the word "vaccine" and think it means that. As it does with other vaccines they've known. 

But it's not a vaccine in the way we know the word to mean - and I still seriously question how it will be used to get us out of lockdown/self isolation etc within at least the next year. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

As long as 'Get away from me you diseased cretin' is included it'll work.

Too many flamethrowers needed for a pangea hat.

im trying to work out a laser that shines constantly from the top of the pyramid .... but not sure its possible to have one bright enough to show the beam ... and one that is on constantly .... perhaps I need to have a word with the Arcadia team 🙂 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not saying anyone in this thread but this has reminded me of something -  I've had to say this many times the past few days on whatsapp etc - people hear the word "vaccine" and think it means that. As it does with other vaccines they've known. 

But it's not a vaccine in the way we know the word to mean - and I still seriously question how it will be used to get us out of lockdown/self isolation etc within at least the next year. 

I guess it just means we live with covid, we don't get rid of it.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I guess it just means we live with covid, we don't get rid of it.

and I suppose a possible problem with that is the vaccine mutates meaning vaccines don't work, but hopefully won't be too hard to tweak current vaccines so effective.

Also, possible in the future we have better vaccines that stop spread etc and can kill off virus...but seeing as it's everywhere that could be a pipe dream.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and I suppose a possible problem with that is the vaccine mutates meaning vaccines don't work, but hopefully won't be too hard to tweak current vaccines so effective.

Also, possible in the future we have better vaccines that stop spread etc and can kill off virus...but seeing as it's everywhere that could be a pipe dream.

That's my biggest concern - along with the fact people are being sold vaccines as a way out of this, and generally being allowed to hold onto the old definition which insinuates "eradication". Occasionally JVT or someone will go in that direction but it's not as explicit as it should be 

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's my biggest concern - along with the fact people are being sold vaccines as a way out of this, and generally being allowed to hold onto the old definition which insinuates "eradication". Occasionally JVT or someone will go in that direction but it's not as explicit as it should be 

Not just people: the govt want restrictions done with asap and dont really care about the deaths passed a certain level

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Do you worry about how many people have the flu at any given point? 

Once those most likely to become severely ill from it have been vaccinated the need to control the flow of infections lowers because those left 'unprotected' are except in very rare circumstances going to be absolutely fine. 

Your down to an acceptable level of risk and a 'tolerated' level of deaths. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1