When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

They knew that hospitalisation data looked like that days ago, but didnt lock down til days later, and kept the dashboard data at 28th december so we couldn't see how bad it had got until they showed that slide just then. Very very strange 

And did he just give us a primer for more younger people dying but without a slide of figures...

Just now, steviewevie said:

the regional graphs for London and SE seemed to be levelling off or even coming down...?

Theyve been in tier 4 for around 3 weeks now which is usually when we start seeing falls, hopefully this continues to other areas that were put in tier 4 shortly after and even more so under this lockdown 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They should have just kept the November lockdown going for longer.. but even that may have not been enough...

Every time all they have cared about is getting the r rate barely under 1 even though they know how quickly it creeps back up. I don't for a moment believe the only advice they are taking is scientific advice. 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Theyve been in tier 4 for around 3 weeks now which is usually when we start seeing falls, hopefully this continues to other areas that were put in tier 4 shortly after and even more so under this lockdown 

maybe it's because they all got on a train and fucked off out of there.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

NI's 7 day rolling average didn't increase today which is maybe a glimmer of hope (it dropped by 1!).

Possibly not much in it, and our levels are much higher than pretty much anywhere at the minute, but hopefully we have reached or are close to our 'peak'

Its gotta start somewhere!

17 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I'm dreading it, I end up working very long days because productivity goes through the floor - the lads not bad and doesn't need constant supervision die to his age but he is still a child he needs feeding, he doesn't always appreciate that your not in a meeting but your still working and listening to his latest joke or philosophical question about what wild animal you want as a pet or something isnt the most pressing issue in the world. 

Fortunately we both have understanding employers and can make things work.  

😀 It’s tricky isn’t it? I think having understanding employers is key. My Wife is doing a Childcare course so hopefully they’ll realise she’s going to be distracted at times. How old is yours? Our youngest is 3 and will OG off and entertain himself but only when he feels like it, not necessarily when it suits anyone else.