When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, eFestivals said:

85 years old.

Admitted to hospital with non-covid a week ago.

No vaccination offered.

Tested 3 times since admission.

Positive test today.

Currently asymptomatic.

20% of deaths are from hospital acquired covid.

Fingers firmly crossed.😞

Sorry to hear that. All the best and fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

85 years old.

Admitted to hospital with non-covid a week ago.

No vaccination offered.

Tested 3 times since admission.

Positive test today.

Currently asymptomatic.

20% of deaths are from hospital acquired covid.

Fingers firmly crossed.😞

Aw ffs ....All the best ....  hope it remains that way x

8 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Completely random one, but was just talking with the Mrs about this - as fantastic as the vaccine news is has there been any advances in medicine that would actually treat the disease? I know we had the dexamethasone but just curious if there had been anything else. 

Yes!  Antibodies that you don't have to make yourself:

https://www.nihr.ac.uk/news/uk-study-participant-is-worlds-first-to-receive-astrazenecas-covid-19-antibody-combination/26275

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...looks like we are going to treat covid like flu and just live with the deaths, whereas elsewhere in the world they do not treat it like flu and have gone for zero covid, and are currently having a pretty good time.

And those good countries won't let us in when we let it spread permanently. Just brexit island isolated 

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...looks like we are going to treat covid like flu and just live with the deaths, whereas elsewhere in the world they do not treat it like flu and have gone for zero covid, and are currently having a pretty good time.

But it's not sustainable. Sooner or later they'll have to resume more-normal interaction with the rest of the world.

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thanks .... it was more the non NHS roles I was after .... im sure there were roles that weren't run by st johns ambulance .... maybe I imagined it though ...

I think there was a link on the volunteering thread!! I think it was the day we were trying to convince you to volunteer as Glastonbury!! I looked at at it if i wasnt working full time i would apply!! Let us know what you decide? 

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not disagreeing with that, but how many places is that in reality, certainly none of Europe. What happens when these covid free countries vaccinate their populations, but it’s still circulating in the rest of the world and mutates to a point their populations aren’t protected? Are they basically going to have to screen every single person who enters their country forever? I don’t have a clue on the answers to any of that, just pondering the long term if indeed it becomes endemic.  

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We can't get zero covid. NZ and Australia will eventually have to reopen

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

But it's not sustainable. Sooner or later they'll have to resume more-normal interaction with the rest of the world.

Agreed. Proper contact tracing with significant  financial compen to self isolate will surely be needed. 

Hopefully we’ll be prepared for  that for next winter.

Edited by Comfy Bean

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Not disagreeing with that, but how many places is that in reality, certainly none of Europe. What happens when these covid free countries vaccinate their populations, but it’s still circulating in the rest of the world and mutates to a point their populations aren’t protected? Are they basically going to have to screen every single person who enters their country forever? I don’t have a clue on the answers to any of that, just pondering the long term if indeed it becomes endemic.  

Yep they'll have to do that. Vaccination passports are useless when you can still spread it and it can mutate, so who knows how its going to work. Maybe we just can't go? 

For our government stopping people broadening their minds by visiting countries with community spirit and culture will be in their favour in indoctrinating more people that our way is the world beating best way. 

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Agreed. I suspect that once they've managed to vaccinate most of their populations, the zero covid countries will loosen their strong restrictions and accept a low level of death every year.

5 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Agreed. Proper contact tracing with significant  financial compen to self isolate will surely be needed. 

Hopefully we’ll be prepared for  that for next winter.

With festivals unlikely and restrictions next winter the music industry is fucked. Mass gatherings will be first to go, if they even comes back