When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

57 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hospitality is already being hit. We've lost all our bookings this weekend because of restrictions on Merseyside and in Lancashire.  They're tier 3, we're still tier 1 so we get fuck all help. 

Did you cancel them or did they choose to cancel unprompted?

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I mean that you test people a day or 2 before. Then yes if they do test posit they can transfer the ticket to 2022 but it shouldn’t be done at the event. 

If 100 tests come back negative in this scenario, around what like <0.1%, they pretty much lose £30,000 of revenue from the following year from tickets not sold, is that something they'd do?

I thought they were generous rolling over tickets this time to be honest I didn't see it coming just so you know where my heads at.

Also I'm not poking holes in the suggestion as I think its probably the most reasonable thing suggested so far and would get my vote, just curious.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If 100 tests come back negative in this scenario, around what like <0.1%, they pretty much lose £30,000 of revenue from the following year from tickets not sold, is that something they'd do?

I thought they were generous rolling over tickets this time to be honest I didn't see it coming just so you know where my heads at.

Also I'm not poking holes in the suggestion as I think its probably the most reasonable thing suggested so far and would get my vote, just curious.

I guess the thinking would be that they would still sell the tickets last minute for 2021 to new punters? Essentially shifting the revenue from those old tickets to next year and making up the shortfall?

So midday deadline has passed... is there a presser today then?

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I guess the thinking would be that they would still sell the tickets last minute for 2021 to new punters? Essentially shifting the revenue from those old tickets to next year and making up the shortfall?

So midday deadline has passed... is there a presser today then?

Yeah I guess I thought they'd struggle to shift them in a day or 2 as its in the middle of nowhere but then I think about some of the scenes I've seen on here and should have realised they'd be snapped up instantly.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The question for me is why ? ... seems strange ... doing one an not announcing anything ... unless it’s just some kind of Manchester decision ... whatever it might be ... 

yeah no decisions yet so nothing to leak!

Unless its our circuit breaker, just before half term as expected....

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The question for me is why ? ... seems strange ... doing one an not announcing anything ... unless it’s just some kind of Manchester decision ... whatever it might be ... 

I think it’ll be a decision over Manchester and maybe the NE. 

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I don't think rolling over the tickets was generous at all. I'm happy they did it, but equally they didn't do it for us. They did it so they can keep that 6.75m in the bank and use it help with the cashflow issues cancelling the festival will have caused. Plus they don't then have the cost of selling them again next year - whatever fees See charge them, etc.

There's also the fact we don't yet have a ticket price for next year's festival so any questions around budget for actually doing some sort of testing, including if they need to roll tickets over if anyone tests positive, have to be considered in that light. Yeah they let us roll over our tickets to 2021, but I'd be completely unsurprised if there was a £50 price increase between the proposed 2020 price and next year which gets justified by the actions they need to take to make the festival safe.

(Having said that, I still think the most likely response is not doing 2021 at all)

We’ve just been emailed by SMT at school requesting us to have all of our timetabled classes set up on Microsoft Teams by Friday as a matter of urgency in case we have to teach via Teams in the near future. 

Reckon head teachers may have been informed that we are going into a circuit breaker starting Friday lasting for the half-term week and then the week after? 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

We’ve just been emailed by SMT at school requesting us to have all of our timetabled classes set up on Microsoft Teams by Friday as a matter of urgency in case we have to teach via Teams in the near future. 

Reckon head teachers may have been informed that we are going into a circuit breaker starting Friday lasting for the half-term week and then the week after? 

If this was the case it would have leaked out 

Unpaid carers have had it bad throughout this and very little support (or acknowledgement) has been given to them. All the government seems to be offering is to say they're doing a cracking job🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54604354

Covid: Burn-out fears of 'exhausted' unpaid carers

Many unpaid carers looking after vulnerable friends or relatives during the coronavirus crisis say they are worried about how they will cope this winter.

Almost 6,000 unpaid carers completed a Carers UK online questionnaire.

Eight in 10 said they had been doing more, with fewer breaks, since the pandemic began - and three-quarters said they were exhausted.

The government said it recognised the "vital role" of unpaid carers.

One of those is Elaine Kenyon from Accrington, Lancashire, who looks after her partner Ian.

Ian, 64, developed multiple sclerosis (MS) about 12 years ago, and now needs help around the clock with everything from dressing to using the toilet.

The day care service that they used to rely on is still in lockdown. It's not clear when it can re-open.

Elaine was furloughed from her job in April, and says she will have to go back to work in November to earn enough to pay her and Ian's bills.

She says she feels under a lot of stress.

In the Carers UK survey, 58% of carers said they had seen their physical health affected by caring through the pandemic, while 64% said their mental health had worsened.

People also said day centres and reductions in other services meant the help they once got had reduced or disappeared, leaving many feeling worn out and isolated.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The U.K. Government:

C9CE4106-E757-454D-B335-6823C3B2D595.jpeg