When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It would be a nail in the coffin for many shops if had to close over christmas, surely...unless government bailed them all out...£££

Golden quarter it’s called ... who knows what’s planned ... but if they close one sector people will just head to supermarkets 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nothing against Newsnight, I used to watch it religiously back in the day. And Question Time. And This Week even, for my sins. Need a bit more escapism these days!

Can't be doing with Question Time...there are always too many guests and audience members that fuck with my metropolitan liberal elitist mind.

What I do like is Dateline London on BBC news and apparently they're binning it...too many foreigners slagging off Boris and Trump.

15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That seemed pretty random, maybe it was a joke? It's so frustrating, I felt it when it was the other way round with Corbyn just back the leadership and you'd have a much better shout at winning power. You are right the Tories are very ruthless, it's partly why they are so successful.

The frustrating part of the in fighting when Corbin's lot were in charge was the inability of the left of the party to accept they had the power and to rise above the infighting. Instead, every time Jess Phillips did a storming speech against the Tories, my social media was full of bile against her from Labour party members. It just gave the party a bad smell.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Because nothing screams we are ready for Government like infighting. I swear sometimes the Labour Party would rather fight amongst themselves than actually govern.

Sometimes?

In my life time the only time they haven't been arguing amongst themselves was because Blair had made a promise to Brown and they kept it in the background, mostly. 

The Tories are no different, they're just better at it. 

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Can't be doing with Question Time...there are always too many guests and audience members that fuck with my metropolitan liberal elitist mind.

What I do like is Dateline London on BBC news and apparently they're binning it...too many foreigners slagging off Boris and Trump.

I used to love it back in Dimbleby's day. Was in the audience once too! But I can't handle it these days. It's too depressing!

For something a bit more uplifting, Boothroyd going in for the kill:

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I used to love it back in Dimbleby's day. Was in the audience once too! But I can't handle it these days. It's too depressing!

For something a bit more uplifting, Boothroyd going in for the kill:

Full speech here:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/betty-boothroyd-on-boris-johnson-and-brexit-3848744?jwsource=cl

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The frustrating part of the in fighting when Corbin's lot were in charge was the inability of the left of the party to accept they had the power and to rise above the infighting. Instead, every time Jess Phillips did a storming speech against the Tories, my social media was full of bile against her from Labour party members. It just gave the party a bad smell.

Walt so when the left where in power the in fighting was their fault and now that they're not in power the in fighting is still their fault?

There are unfortunately too many on all sides of the party who prioritise internal struggles over national success. I will concede that the loudest obnoxious voices on social media are of the left but that is just froth the more disruptive stuff comes from both sides. 

Edited by mcshed

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Walt so when the left where in power the in fighting was their fault and now that their not in power the in fighting is still their fault?

There are unfortunately too many on all sides of the party who prioritise internal struggles over national success. I will concede that the loudest obnoxious voices on social media are of the left but that is just froth the more disruptive stuff comes from both sides. 

yeah, this...and in the end just helps the tories. Labour such a broad church of opinions though, maybe if voting changed to PR they would fracture into smaller parties?

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, this...and in the end just helps the tories. Labour such a broad church of opinions though, maybe if voting changed to PR they would fracture into smaller parties?

Imho voting reform should be the major thing that Labour focus on. Yes they’re less likely to get a majority but they are more likely win power and there’s no chance anyone would go into government with the Tories. 

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Walt so when the left where in power the in fighting was their fault and now that they're not in power the in fighting is still their fault?

Fair comment. For balance, the continual attacks on Corbyn, particularly between his first and second leadership elections were unforgivable.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

For balance, the continual attacks on Corbyn, particularly between his first and second leadership elections were unforgivable.

you don't think he was a shit leader with a huge amount of baggage waaaay out of step with the people of the country...? :blink: 

The same people who say the attacks on Corbyn weren't fair don't seem to have a problem using Spaffer's baggage against him. ;) 

50 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

This is what happens when we give glitzy right wing gossip magazine editors a platform. Spouting absolute rubbish to people who lap up everything he says because there are about 5/6 brain cells between them.

It’s the easiest job in the world because your audience don’t critically asses anything you say.