When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, zahidf said:

Doesn't work like that. It takes a few days for the most part for you develop covid to pass it on.

Yes but given that Glastonbury lasts the best part of a week for some people it would still be a risk. Workers/ campervanners etc 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

A lot of hospitality going to be hit across the nation no matter what Tier they're in, and new furlough scheme is less generous anyway for those that have to shut in Tier3. Going to be a grim winter for many people.

Hospitality is already being hit. We've lost all our bookings this weekend because of restrictions on Merseyside and in Lancashire.  They're tier 3, we're still tier 1 so we get fuck all help. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes but given that Glastonbury lasts the best part of a week for some people it would still be a risk. Workers/ campervanners etc 

I agree that the length of time of Glastonbury puts it at a disadvantage if it used a testing regime, but the workers part shouldn't come into it. Glasto workers should be treated in the same way as all other workers.

16 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hospitality is already being hit. We've lost all our bookings this weekend because of restrictions on Merseyside and in Lancashire.  They're tier 3, we're still tier 1 so we get fuck all help. 

And this is why the whole thing is a joke. My friend is a butcher who supplies the meat for most of the local, independent restaurants in my town.
Although restaurants are still open, footfall has decreased massively in them since the move to Tier 3 and curfews came into effect. He’s now severely impacted financially by this - but gets no help at all. 

Edited by st dan

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I agree that the length of time of Glastonbury puts it at a disadvantage if it used a testing regime, but the workers part shouldn't come into it. Glasto workers should be treated in the same way as all other workers.

That could be supplemented by a 10 day quarantine after the event?

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

That would absolutely rinse demand IMO. Not everyone can work from home on full pay like you and I. 

Yep absolutely even as committed as I am ... before and after quarunteen would use up a massive portion of my annual allowance making it near on impossible ... no way they would sell out a festival with that and the economic uncertainty that is happening and to come in the future ... along with exam movement and adding in all the international visitors that have flights booked home ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep absolutely even as committed as I am ... before and after quarunteen would use up a massive portion of my annual allowance making it near on impossible ... no way they would sell out a festival with that and the economic uncertainty that is happening and to come in the future ... along with exam movement and adding in all the international visitors that have flights booked home ... 

But if it's between that and having no festival, it could be workable. My gut says it would go against Glastonbury's values of fairness for everyone though.

Just now, DeanoL said:

But if it's between that and having no festival, it could be workable. My gut says it would go against Glastonbury's values of fairness for everyone though.

For the people where that isn’t a viable option they could offer them the option of rolling their ticket to 2022?

Just now, DeanoL said:

The festival have to sell ( or not refund ) a certain number of tickets to make it financially viable though ... and I’m not sure how tight those numbers are ... obviously they could do it with lower chariatable donations it’s a very tight call I’d say 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is anyone suggesting a before AND after quarantine? Surely you'd only need one or the other? Before quarantine would reduce the chance of Covid-19 being brought on to the site, and after would accept that it comes on to the site but prevent those who do catch it going on to spread it.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The festival have to sell ( or not refund ) a certain number of tickets to make it financially viable though ... and I’m not sure how tight those numbers are ... obviously they could do it with lower chariatable donations it’s a very tight call I’d say 

Well yeah, we don't know for sure how over-subscribed the festival is in a regular year. If it's really 10 people for every one ticket they won't have a problem. If it's just 2 for each ticket they might do.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Is anyone suggesting a before AND after quarantine? Surely you'd only need one or the other? Before quarantine would reduce the chance of Covid-19 being brought on to the site, and after would accept that it comes on to the site but prevent those who do catch it going on to spread it.

Even one or the other would make it difficult for those that don’t work from home 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Even one or the other would make it difficult for those that don’t work from home 

Oh yeah I understand it would be difficult and probably not a viable idea. It was just a thought I had. Testing really is the best option before the event.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Oh yeah I understand it would be difficult and probably not a viable idea. It was just a thought I had. Testing really is the best option before the event.

There will be false negatives and some virus would be brought on to the farm, but having 150 people bringing coronavirus to the festival rather than 500 would be very useful

1 hour ago, topmarksbri said:

I think this would be too easy to cheat on - people would just find someone who'd recently taken a test and got negative and get them to do it.

It would be susceptible to cheating and as such isn’t a fool proof idea but it’s better than nothing. It would give a level of defence against the virus for the festival and importantly help it be allowed to go ahead. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There will be false negatives and some virus would be brought on to the farm, but having 150 people bringing coronavirus to the festival rather than 500 would be very useful

And some kind of guarantee for those that test positive that they and any other people they arrived with were automatically given tickets for the following year ... and a reserve list ballot maybe ... for people that were prepared to be on standby ... sort of like those mini secret resales that used to exist 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And some kind of guarantee for those that test positive that they and any other people they arrived with were automatically given tickets for the following year ... and a reserve list ballot maybe ... for people that were prepared to be on standby ... sort of like those mini secret resales that used to exist 

I mean that you test people a day or 2 before. Then yes if they do test posit they can transfer the ticket to 2022 but it shouldn’t be done at the event. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I mean that you test people a day or 2 before. Then yes if they do test posit they can transfer the ticket to 2022 but it shouldn’t be done at the event. 

Yep that’s more what I meant ... and any tickets that went in the pot became available in a mini resale ... so the festival could still maximise sales ... obviously those photos would be photo less ... and collectible with ID