When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Will be amazed if the festival goes ahead with any sort of testing regime to be honest, I just think it isn't practical and it'll be as normal or not at all.

I know someone who runs a medium sized UK festival - around 16,000-20,000 a year. He's already decided 2021 (May) isn't going ahead, and it's due to the amount of time required to prepare, logistical planning, and most curiously, getting insurance.

A festival organiser has to apply for insurance a long time prior to the festival. As things currently stand, the festival would need to be planned and insurance applied for based on the rules as they are re: covid compliance - i.e. almost completely impossible.

It will probably be a bit frustrating that I think we will likely get to summer 2021 and be in a situation where the festivals could be (fairly) safely held, but there wasn't enough time to prepare and put everything in place logistics wise. Perhaps some of the larger festivals will get special dispensation, who knows.

Edited by Mellotr0n

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

We’ve just been emailed by SMT at school requesting us to have all of our timetabled classes set up on Microsoft Teams by Friday as a matter of urgency in case we have to teach via Teams in the near future. 

Reckon head teachers may have been informed that we are going into a circuit breaker starting Friday lasting for the half-term week and then the week after? 

oooh. My kid has mock GCSEs the two weeks after half term which she was told could be very important as may not have GCSEs next summer....

Always good to leave these decisions to the last minute.

Edited by steviewevie

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Unprompted.  I'm not making anyone cancel if the government won't.

Nah, fair enough. We're getting a few cancelling, but as many not doing. What we are getting is people trying to get us to give them permission to come when they know they shouldn't. Including from Wales. That I won't do