When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Boring innit. The Tories are much more ruthless. They have so many factions but they're much better at getting their shizzle together and prioritising actually being in power. Also, what's her problem with him being called Keir?

That seemed pretty random, maybe it was a joke? It's so frustrating, I felt it when it was the other way round with Corbyn just back the leadership and you'd have a much better shout at winning power. You are right the Tories are very ruthless, it's partly why they are so successful.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Press conference tomorrow would surely be Manchester going to tier 3, but just seen a story on the BBC that meetings today were not fruitful in the end. So is Boris about to "intervene"?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-greater-manchester-given-midday-deadline-to-make-tier-3-lockdown-deal-12108816

A deadline has been given apparently. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha just came here to post this. Looks like they're going to just do it then. Will go down like a sack of shit!

It totally sucks as they are so willing to give millions to their rich mates but stopping the common folk going into destitution nah forget it...

It's basically power tripping so the don't get push back from North East, Teeside, Nottingham, South and West Yorkshire who are being posed to be in Tier 3 this week

I'm so pissed as this is going to kill people and they simple don't care as they just hate someone say no and speaking reason to them :( 

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

Boring innit. The Tories are much more ruthless. They have so many factions but they're much better at getting their shizzle together and prioritising actually being in power. Also, what's her problem with him being called Keir?

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That seemed pretty random, maybe it was a joke? It's so frustrating, I felt it when it was the other way round with Corbyn just back the leadership and you'd have a much better shout at winning power. You are right the Tories are very ruthless, it's partly why they are so successful.

Didn't see the whole thing but presumably a reference to Keir Hardie?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Amazing how all this data on critical care beds in Manchester has suddenly appeared

It's totally skewed data as well as just cherry picks some wards beds, not what actually is available or that the hospitals share capacity around the region. Also, current bed capacity same as this time last year

You can do the 3 week circuit breaker over Christmas and let people see families. It's actually not that horrendous for spreading things if everyone just meets up with their family on Christmas day. The problems start when you then meet your partner's family the next day, and your mates on New Year's Eve.

If it's otherwise full on strict lockdown - no shops open, don't go in to work, etc, visiting family isn't a big issue. 

Although good luck getting this government to shut retail over Christmas.

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You can do the 3 week circuit breaker over Christmas and let people see families. It's actually not that horrendous for spreading things if everyone just meets up with their family on Christmas day. The problems start when you then meet your partner's family the next day, and your mates on New Year's Eve.

If it's otherwise full on strict lockdown - no shops open, don't go in to work, etc, visiting family isn't a big issue. 

Although good luck getting this government to shut retail over Christmas.

Is the risk retail ? Short interactions ? Though ... I don’t know 

34 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Nothing we don't know already - note the misleading headline that doesn't mention the "widely" part of the vaccine being available. Nothing I've read in that article stops me from expecting a limited roll out in December.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I like newsnight. Such a boring old fart these days. The Starmer stuff will probably be on it later on...it's all about Manchester at moment.

Nothing against Newsnight, I used to watch it religiously back in the day. And Question Time. And This Week even, for my sins. Need a bit more escapism these days!