dentalplan

2020 New Music

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Anything else I should be checking out/have forgotten about?

Medhane - Full Circle is a great little alt hip-hop EP if you're into that sort of thing

https://open.spotify.com/album/0Un0VSFgdup23s7Yzt3LL8?si=wVVFy_yaSTmoHhtYH_wY4Q

(won't embed for some reason)

In an article with NME Biffy Clyro said that the new lead single from the album is the furthest thing from an indication of what the new album will sound like... but we shall see. It’s blatantly a pop single to try and get radio attention. I miss the pre-puzzle era biffy! 

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

:D

You going to get yourself a ticket for the tour in case they're not at Glastonbury?  Would definitely recommend it!  They definitely suit an indoor venue, so at the risk of them being mid-Other Stage fodder I'd look at it :)

I'd like to but my financial situation for the next couple of months isn't great due to moving. I'd love them to be on John Peel, think they'd kill it in there

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

I'd like to but my financial situation for the next couple of months isn't great due to moving. I'd love them to be on John Peel, think they'd kill it in there

Ah fair enough. Definitely fingers crossed for JPT, would suit them perfectly in there

Otoboke Beaver just taking another stride towards being the greatest band of all time

New Biffy song sounds like they've jumped the Imagine Dragons bandwagon 5 years late. It actually made me sad.

Putting the new grimes album on though so thats okay.

Also BTS :)

New vid & single coming from Chainska Brassika.  Get it down youse.

New Biffy reminds me of Miracle by Chvrches.

Grimes is great, as expected - enjoyed all the singles, especially My Name is Dark. Didn't realise We Appreciate Power wasn't going to be on the standard album though.

Anyone mentioned this new Har Mar Superstar project yet:

Haven't listened to the whole record yet but liked what I've heard so far

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t know who Biffy appeal to. They are very much the new muse. Still going on as always but I never meet people anymore who proudly declare themselves a fan!

Me.

I’ve heard on the grapevine that new Adele music has a lot of hip hop influence. This new album will be very different to her last three. She wants to reinvent herself with this release.

edit: she was heavily inspired by Tyler, The Creator’s IGOR.

Edited by Matt42

On 2/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, henry bear said:

New stuff from Sparks. Probably of limited interest here, but they continue to create great albums; the next one’s out in May (I think).

Imagine putting out two of the best albums of all time in the same year, and then still being this good nearly half a century later. Ridiculous. 

New single from newish post-punk band Egyptian Blue was released yesterday. They released their debut EP last year (Contain It being my favourite song off that). 

Fans of Squid, Working Men's Club and Pottery would probably get along with this. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Quark said:

Oh my. Go back and check out their last album Build a Tower.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Beat me to it

Damn, this would have filled an Everything Everything void nicely

Princess Nokia confirmed she's releasing an album on Friday Wednesday called Everything Is Beautiful, dropped this. Buzzin'.

In completely separate news, Princess Nokia has announced she's releasing an album on Friday Wednesday called Everything Sucks, dropped this. Buzzin'.

Edited by priest17
got my days confused

Kero Kero Bonito and Charli kill it, but this aint my favourite verse from Rico.