2020 New Music

dentalplan

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cornershop's new one is pretty good.

They're usually a band I absolutely love to hear, but the production is a wee bit muddy. Could have been a lot punchier.

Absolutely can dig the mix of glam rock / flutes / tablas though.

As in "Brimful of Asha" Cornershop?!

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This album slaps. Never heard of her before but I really dig it...

I hadn't heard of her until @dentalplan posted one of her songs earlier in this thread but I agree, really enjoying the album. The last minute or so of that song in particular is fantastic, shame it's not longer. I'm not sure about her first couple of albums but her previous album, Loner, is really good too and well worth a listen if you're enjoying the new one. 

On 2/28/2020 at 1:15 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Been looking forward to this one. These two make a huge and awesome noise, hoping to catch them at a few fests this year

Seen a few decent reviews floating around and I'm really digging it as an album

Nova-Twins__1581440675_128.65.101.130.jp

Finally got to listening to this. It's proper good. Their sound reminds me of something I can't put my finger on from mid-late 90s. It's really bugging me.

Which obviously means that they played Brighton 6 months ago and I completely missed it :lol:

On 3/6/2020 at 9:28 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Disq too 

Was just looking back in the thread to see if this had been mentioned. Really good album - Collector by Disq. For those of us who think merging late XTC with early Teenage Fanclub would be a good thing.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Was just looking back in the thread to see if this had been mentioned. Really good album - Collector by Disq. For those of us who think merging late XTC with early Teenage Fanclub would be a good thing.

It's really good eh? Had high hopes based on the couple of tracks they released in the lead up and wasn't disappointed.