2020 New Music

dentalplan

20 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Nice tune but not a patch on The Bobby Womack stuff like Stylo. I guess it doesn't help that I hate vocals in French. I have to switch the radio off when Christine and the Queens come on.

Yeah I got my maths wrong a bit, I wasn't trying to include any of the Plastic Beach stuff.

16 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I got my maths wrong a bit, I wasn't trying to include any of the Plastic Beach stuff.

On the plus side, I've just listened to Plastic Beach again. I'd forgotten how good Empire Ants was.

The best thing about the new track is the video, love that.

Greg Puciato, singer of Dillinger Escape Plan & Black Queen, is putting out a solo album this year which I can't wait for. First single here which I really like, definitely not for everyone

Fever 333 have also written and recorded a song in 24 hours, chorus bangs

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Been focusing on single releases so got a load of catching up to do.

Late to the Real Estate party so don't know how the new album compares to their other stuff, but I'm loving it.  Big fan of this sound.

Check Atlas out if you want more of their stuff.

Edited by Tuna

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The last Pottery track got a lot of love in here so here's the newest one

Last one was awesome but this is not in the same league

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Late to the Real Estate party so don't know how the new album compares to their other stuff, but I'm loving it.  Big fan of this sound.

They were formerly more puritan about their guitar jangle - which they did beautifully, especially on Days and Atlas - but this new album has more colour, and I agree, it’s great. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Check Atlas out if you want more of their stuff.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They were formerly more puritan about their guitar jangle - which they did beautifully, especially on Days and Atlas - but this new album has more colour, and I agree, it’s great. 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Then you’ll love all of their stuff.

Oh well, so much for not adding to the pile of stuff I've got to listen to :lol:

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Then you’ll love all of their stuff.

Perhaps not, but I still think it’s good. The album should be a riot.

re. Pottery - love the stuff I've heard so thanks for that. I notice they're in the UK at the start of June - do you expect them at the Farm?

39 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

re. Pottery - love the stuff I've heard so thanks for that. I notice they're in the UK at the start of June - do you expect them at the Farm?

Shamefully I hadn’t clocked that! Thanks.

Fingers crossed. Would be a William’s Green job if so.

19 minutes ago, uscore said:

Spotify this morning has given me a new song by Brandon Flowers called "When I Was Broke".   It does not sound like Brandon Flowers.  It is some kind of rap or hippy hoppy noise.

Yeah - there is a whole album and it is not Brandon Flowers.

Never seen that before on Spotify as it is coming up under his discography and it is def not him.  Strange