2020 New Music

dentalplan

I love RL so much. This is the most anthemic one they've done since the debut album. Wistful vocals and lifting strings. The Detroit-y sample is gorgeous, and so is the "I felt like I was part of something" line, in that Mike Skinner-style speak-singing. Love love love.

Second Princess Nokia album of the day might be better than the first 😍

She's basically dropped a double album today which I'm not gonna lie I'm usually against but having one half played all day and the second all tomorrow she's done it well. Really enjoyed today (although I had an hour of listening to Irish drill music supplied by my little brother), really excited to go through Everything Is Beautiful more tomorrow.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, Mattymooz said:

Groovy shit

Really like this, can't help feeling it'll be more effective if the sun ever comes out again though.

Like the new Car Seat Headrest too;

21 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Oh hell yeah. Its a shame they're not doing much touring this summer as they'd be fab in the JP tent. 

Yeah looks like they're touring US over June.

11 hours ago, Balls said:

Obsessed with that CSH tune, gets better every time. Did we have this one yet? Don't miss it, it's the Charli/KKB collab of yer dreams. 

Yeah I loved this. Hadn’t got round to listening to 100 Gecs yet but that Charli XCX/KKB sounded so good on paper I had to check it out - it doesn’t disappoint. Love it. 

59 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

A nice 5 stars for Caribou in The Guardian, I'm looking forward to getting into that 

Singles definitely sound waaaaay better in an album sequencing

never come back still sounds a bit like that four tet x justin bieber phase KH did and I really dunno if I like it (the second half of it is better, admittedly)

it's really summery, need a couple more listens, less obvious how the live band are going to play a lot of it compared to previous releases. can imagine ravi soundtracking 3pm in the beat hotel.

Edited by Tuna

7 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Topping recent reviews across the board according to the excellent ADM: http://www.anydecentmusic.com/

Thanks for ADM, for some reason I'd never heard of that before.

Rocking the new Caribou now, and I'm really enjoying it. There's a lovely flow to it.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Quite like the new Gaga tune. Electro pop tune.... but it isn't on a par with born this way.

Agreed. It’s not quite there, but it’s certainly a nice tune. Big rolling synths and distorted vocal samples. Shaping up nicely for a headline set at Glastonbury next year.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Thanks for ADM, for some reason I'd never heard of that before.

Any Decent Music is really useful, like ‘Album of the Year’ and Metacritic but more UK-centric in terms of the publications/websites it covers, and much better presented. I regularly pick up good stuff from there (the jazz album sitting just beneath Caribou in the current chart, for instance). It nearly went out of business recently, so could do with some more viewers (and ideally patrons). That link again: http://www.anydecentmusic.com/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Wasted Shirt's (Ty Segall and Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt/Black Puss) debut is a must listen for anyone that likes their speakers attacking their stomach with an electric sledgehammer.

For clarity I mean that as a very high compliment. It's top.

Certainly woke me up this morning!

• Like 1