2021 Headliners

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’m sure we must have gone through this but if we are talking Brit acts to headline next year, surely The 1975 would be in the mix. For other ‘pop’ acts, how about Harry Styles?

I was certainly expecting The 1975 to be there next year but if the Arctics info is true then I’m not so sure. Not that they couldn’t both do it in the same year, but I jus don’t see it myself.

Harry Styles is never gonna headline, but I wouldn’t be against him taking a third down Pyramid type slot, which I think he’d be open to if offered. 

I'm also in agreement that Dua will be either OS headliner or sub again and that's why I think in a year when the festival might be bound almost by default for British headline acts, that the male trio memtioned is what I'd go with.

You can fill two out of 3 of the subs in female or even 3 at a push. Not sure I agree with HAIM getting the push mind, 3rd at best for me.

17 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Headliners in 2021 should only be acts who've appeared in the Simpsons. I give you...

Saturday night Pyramid, Friday night Park Stage, Friday Pyramid "rock slot" and Sunday night West Holt's (featuring the London Symphony Orchestra, obvs). 

And of course, there's always the dream reunion...

3F03PaulMcCartney.jpg

250px-Byrne.png

aerosmith-72e6e03b-ae37-443f-8daf-dd2f5d3304b0.jpg

Simpsons_Cypress_Hill.jpg

REM_Simpsons-1570806965-1024x576.jpg

Are we treating the Gaga episode as non-canon? Because, y'know, it's fucking dreadful. 

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Headliners in 2021 should only be acts who've appeared in the Simpsons. I give you...

Saturday night Pyramid, Friday night Park Stage, Friday Pyramid "rock slot" and Sunday night West Holt's (featuring the London Symphony Orchestra, obvs). 

And of course, there's always the dream reunion...

3F03PaulMcCartney.jpg

250px-Byrne.png

aerosmith-72e6e03b-ae37-443f-8daf-dd2f5d3304b0.jpg

Simpsons_Cypress_Hill.jpg

REM_Simpsons-1570806965-1024x576.jpg

Can we get these guys in the Park?

F38DB77F-4AA9-4530-B18D-D27AA0E69851.jpeg

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can we get these guys in the Park?

F38DB77F-4AA9-4530-B18D-D27AA0E69851.jpeg

Were they actually on the show? If so love when you get a guest slot from a band so big they need to be spelled out on something in the background.

Agreed on them playing the fest though.

14 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Were they actually on the show? If so love when you get a guest slot from a band so big they need to be spelled out on something in the background.

Agreed on them playing the fest though.

They turned up in a later one where everyone went hipster. Don’t think they actually spoke but they did a version of the theme tune.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think we've all agreed that that episode doesn't exist.

The only only ONLY reason for acknowledging that episode is the concept of Gaga actually travelling around the country on that train.  That's it.