The Killers

jparx

2 hours ago, briddj said:

We were going to go too. £103 with fees for the o2 crossed the line and we're not bothering.

2 hours ago, Chef said:

I went in for standing at the O2 but not for north of £100. That's me out, as much as I wanted to go its too much.  

2 hours ago, Goer190 said:

Also been completely put off by the price, can't justify that

£100+ for that lot

Worlds gone mad!!!

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve notice the presale wasn’t busy today. I think a lot of people saw the price and bailed. 

it’s not like they don’t tour. Shame as it will be a great night

Bought my ticket today. Like it or not most big gigs come in around £100 now. Such is life. People paying £600 for Taylor Swift of £400 for Madonna tonight for example is stupid. It'll be full by the time the gig comes around

15 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve notice the presale wasn’t busy today. I think a lot of people saw the price and bailed. 

it’s not like they don’t tour. Shame as it will be a great night

Hopefully dynamic pricing will kick in and bring the prices down to acceptable levels 

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

I've seen a lot of their regular and long-term fans bail out of this because of the price, and it looks like the pre-sale hasn't sold out for any date.

See how it goes on Friday, but I think they could have really dropped a bollock here.

Muse had similar pricing for their O2 shows and didn’t sell either night out.

We've seen them countless times, venues big and small, right down the front for the John Peel set, nearly always great live (we'll brush over that first Pyramid headline slot) - took one look at £133 for o2 level 1 seats and the wife and I both went, "that's a no".

Their stage set is hardly the most over the top and expensive either.  Sadly, this just feels like greed

Edited by Greenelk

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Saying that, footage from it looked busier than their Simulation Theory shows at the same venue.

MK Bowl wasn't a sell-out either, mind.

I went to the second O2 night this year and it definitely wasn’t full. Managed to pick up a standing ticket for about 30 quid the day before and will look to do the same for the Killers.

That Muse show was fantastic too, best I’ve seen them in over a decade.

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Sadly, this just feels like greed

Especially so as Brandon stated recently he's had enough of writing Killer-type songs - hence the binned album sessions - and now all of a sudden he's back on stage with Mr Brightside and the rest! I still love the band but there's a limit...

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I see the Co Op Live standing is £103 but there’s an early entry standing for £202. Presumably same area but you can stand at the front for longer. I’ve never seen that before, is that starting to be a common practice? 

Become quite regular now.

You basically pay an extra £100. That gets you a poster, a lanyard, a tote bag and to stand in a cold cavernous arena for extra time. You don't get a priority area etc. Such a massive rip.

More of a golden shower than a golden circle.

Edited by briddj