The Killers

jparx

2 hours ago, gfa said:

They have done lots of F1 stuff in the past - i'd think maybe they wouldn't book the same act for two races in one year maybe?

Plausible, though I guess it depends what F1 do. As far as I know the big ticket ones are Singapore, Texas and Abu Dhabi for post-race gigs, although Kings of Leon randomly played after their pre-season testing in Bahrain last year.

I guess it's easy to assume a Las Vegas GP would rope in the big name Vegas rock band. Well either them or the also Vegas-born Imagine Dragons.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Plausible, though I guess it depends what F1 do. As far as I know the big ticket ones are Singapore, Texas and Abu Dhabi for post-race gigs, although Kings of Leon randomly played after their pre-season testing in Bahrain last year.

I guess it's easy to assume a Las Vegas GP would rope in the big name Vegas rock band. Well either them or the also Vegas-born Imagine Dragons.

I think Imagine Dragons have done several before too infact

Bahrain no doubt chucked a load of oil money at KOL haha

9 hours ago, Neil said:

saw on my local tv news that a local kid got to beat the skins for the killers, hope he doesn't want a career in music cos its all downhill from headlining reading.

You're such a massive negative on everything!, he's a kid! It's probably going to be one of the biggest moments of his life at his age getting on stage for the killers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gfa said:

I think Imagine Dragons have done several before too infact

Bahrain no doubt chucked a load of oil money at KOL haha

Says Imagine Dragons did Singapore and the Texan F1 races before. Twice, but still enough to be on their radar. So, I'd say wouldn't rule them out of doing Vegas. Maybe U2 as well? Their Sphere residency is due to run until 3 days before the race, so they could well be in the neighbourhood, plus the track goes past it.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Says Imagine Dragons did Singapore and the Texan F1 races before. Twice, but still enough to be on their radar. So, I'd say wouldn't rule them out of doing Vegas. Maybe U2 as well? Their Sphere residency is due to run until 3 days before the race, so they could well be in the neighbourhood, plus the track goes past it.

You’ve just reminded me….stumbled across Imagine Dragons on tv on Sunday from Reading. They’ve mostly passed me by but ended up watching the full set. Great band and the singer has a cracking voice. Excellent front man and the kids were loving it.

Saw the Killers pulling a drummer out the crowd at Trnsmt good few years ago and think they do it all the time.

No idea how it made the bbc lunchtime news today but obviously absolute scenes for the kid. 

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Saw the Killers pulling a drummer out the crowd at Trnsmt good few years ago and think they do it all the time.

It's only been a thing since 2017/18 tbf, and they didn't do it when I saw them in Coventry last year.

I used to play drums but I don't think I've got the energy to queue for a ridiculous amount of time to be down the front with a sign to ask if I can have a bash.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

It's only been a thing since 2017/18 tbf, and they didn't do it when I saw them in Coventry last year.

I used to play drums but I don't think I've got the energy to queue for a ridiculous amount of time to be down the front with a sign to ask if I can have a bash.

Was there someone there with a sign though? i assume not every gig will have someone decide they want to do it

In that interview, it sounds like he wants to make more Pressure Machine-style music - fine by me as it’s a great record!

Only thing is it will be the 20th anniversary of Hot Fuss next year and there’s money to be made there… Maybe do the Nebraska thing for the next five years and come back to celebrate its 25th?

19 hours ago, gfa said:

Was there someone there with a sign though? i assume not every gig will have someone decide they want to do it

Was too far back to see what people up front were doing. I just remember on the UK stadium run last year that it wasn't a thing for the first half of it, then the song was played but without asking the crowd if anyone wanted a go, then towards the end of the tour that was re-established as a thing they would do.

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I once saw Bryan Adams do it with audience members on drums, guitar and bass. Basically replaced the whole band.

Green Day used to do that quite a lot as well.

As I recall, one of the first ways The Killers did this was someone asking to play piano on A Dustland Fairytale, before it morphed into Reasons Unknown on drums.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Just looked a whilst it will be a good show over a £100 for standing when in 2018 I paid £60 shows how mad gig inflation is. 

£75 at their Coventry stadium show 2 years ago makes it feel really mad. But I'm aware this is the nature of the beast now. Muse at the O2 was over £120 for GA standing, which for me really was a "Pass" moment.