Jess Glynne band for life from IOW festival

CeriG

Missed a trick imo.

Keith Moon literally passed out on his drum kit and The Who had to find a replacement from the audience.

Jim Morrison got messed up, called the crowd a bunch of slaves, got his cock out, got arrested, also called the cops and got arrested again (this time on stage), at somepoint in the former he acquired a goat (did make for a pretty cool picture tbf).

Grace Slick decided to get completely mashed up, go on stage in Germany, salute the audience (yes that salute) ask them who won the war and called them a bunch of Nazis.

It could have been great. 

Or maybes not.

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

FWIW:

'Illness / Exhaustion' is often used as a euphemism by management of artists when really there's deeper, underlying, more serious issues, such as - for example - substance abuse / unhealthy behaviours. Not playing could - could - be the result of an intervention by family / friends / management in order to protect / help an artist.

If this has happened twice recently it could be a trend and someone decided to intervene on JG's behalf. 

If it's a choice between not playing and getting well, as opposed to playing, utterly bombing while in a bad state and being all over the media for that performance when you're already in a precarious state and exacerbating the issue, then the former is the best option.

TBF the Mrs seen her at Spice Girls last week and said she looked frail and ill. She thought she had lost too much weight. However then going out on the lash every night with the spice girls after a gig won't be helping whatever she has going on. 

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

FWIW:

'Illness / Exhaustion' is often used as a euphemism by management of artists when really there's deeper, underlying, more serious issues, such as - for example - substance abuse / unhealthy behaviours. Not playing could - could - be the result of an intervention by family / friends / management in order to protect / help an artist.

If this has happened twice recently it could be a trend and someone decided to intervene on JG's behalf. 

If it's a choice between not playing and getting well, as opposed to playing, utterly bombing while in a bad state and being all over the media for that performance when you're already in a precarious state and exacerbating the issue, then the former is the best option.

Thnaks @Woffy, at last, a little humanity on this thread.

All this slagging of someone with no real idea of what they might be going through was feeling all a bit to much Daily Fail for me.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’m not even really complaining about ‘the time’ dished out to her - I couldn’t give less of a shit about that but if that’s what they’d do to everyone then it’s fair enough. It’s just the reaction among people on here who normally wouldn’t give a fuck what Jess Glynne does or what happens at Isle of Wight but are outraged because a pop-singing woman doesn’t turn up to a gig for what would historically be called ‘rock and roll behaviour’.

Fair.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, but if the boss finds out we're in the shit.

Probably correct for many, but some bosses can be forgiving. I know because I've had a few that were forgiving under the same circumstances. I'm sure that I'm not alone on that one. 

I don't know of Jess Glynne, and have never been to that festival, but would seriously wonder whether a life long ban from the festival would have much impact on anybody, let alone a professional singer. Isn't it a bit like the organisers saying 'You can't come here ever again, so na, na, na, na,nah'? Given my paucity of knowledge I'm probably wrong, but the ban appears slightly comedic and a larger amount cringe worthy to me.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick