Jess Glynne band for life from IOW festival

CeriG

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

Jess Glynne has been ban for life from IOW Festival for life, for not tuning up for her slot. Have a read below.

Band for life seems a bit extreme to me. What's your thoughts?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/isle-of-wight-festival-boss-hits-out-at-jess-glynnes-shocking-no-show-as-its-claimed-she-was-out-partying-until-7am-with-the-spice-girls/ar-AAD32cQ?ocid=spartandhp

Not harsh. Fuck that attitude. She'd have been some people's highlight of the weekend.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Lame-ass moral high ground on here like legendary rock bands have never missed a gig because they got too fucked up.

Yeah but you forgive a legendary rock band, don't you. This is Heart FM favourite Jess Glynne we're talking about. She's not Chrissie Hynde is she?

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She’s got the record for most no. 1 singles by a British solo female artist but this is what’s given her a breakthrough, yea.

Really? Then again I can't think of too many super successful British female singers.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Lame-ass moral high ground on here like legendary rock bands have never missed a gig because they got too fucked up.

She could've just done a GN'R and turned up an hour late. 

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

I read a tweet her people put out something about being really sorry but she was exhausted... the woman barely moved her hips on stage surely she was just hungover to fuck?? bad showing. 

‘Barely moved her hips’ is your assessment of her failure to perform?

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You earn the right for epic fuckery - she most definitely hasn't. I still think they should be binned off if they pull that shit too - and sued heavily. If she hadn't been seen to be out till 7am, fair enough, people get sick, but if you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.

17 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Yeah but you forgive a legendary rock band, don't you. This is Heart FM favourite Jess Glynne we're talking about. She's not Chrissie Hynde is she?

We expect rebelliousness and bad behaviour from our rock stars. 

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It was a complete mess. I passed by the second set at William’s Green which sounded slightly better but still all over the place. 

That set was great. Midway through she said something about being tired and then came down to the front row for hugs. 

The shambolic element just made a great gig.